Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

New month and new challenges

Since I last wrote I have had boardmeeting at my work where I sit on the board. I have had audit for the Rheumatic association which went well. 
We have also had our first of the year member meeting and the theme this time was Fibromyalgia and Morbus Dercum (a rare disease) and as usual I made a good healthy soup and to that we serve bread, cheese, water, coffee with something sweet too.
 
They don't look that happy but we had just eaten and it's serioud matters we discuss

I have also had audit at work which also went very well and is extremely early.

I have attended a board meeting with the Rheumatic assocation district Stockholm.


I went to my hairstylist since it was long overdue. My hairstylist has truly became a very good and dear friend. We have similar backgrounds and we have children that are artists. Her daughter is a singer and show host on one of the cruise ships on the Baltic Sea and I have Jonas. We have so much fun toghether she and I and we have even been out together a couple of times and will do so this year as well.


I have also been to the District nurse for my usual shot but also for a check up. I'm pretty good despite being so ill (with my diseases) My weight is too much, of course, but BP is excellent, my cholestorol is great but I have to watch my sugar. So I have started to withdraw a lot of sugar.
For instance no sugar in coffee or tea (which I drink a lot during a day). No added sugar to most things but of course I have the good carbonates. My biggest obstacle is my desire for a bun or cookie to go with coffee. It's hard to give it up but I try.
I don't eat very much. I get full so fast and I always leave food because it's too much. That is when I eat out. At home I eat half as much as the others. Anyway






I ordered a new TV just before Christmas for speedy delivery before Christmas. Do you know when I got it? February 1!! Yes you read it right. I don't call that speedy delivery, do you? I have complained of course and I will get a gift card for the inconvinience.

I was supposed to have been to the Royal Music university on Wednesday but I was so tired I gave my ticket away. My collegues said it had been great. Good food, champagne, excellent entertainment and also lecture by Anders Carlsson who is a great composer living in LA and writing for all the "big" ones like Celine Dion, Britney and many more.
Now Erik from H.E.A.T is in LA and going to the Grammy awards tomorrow at Staples center since he's nominated for his role in Jesus Christ Superstar together with among others John Legend. That is big! I sure hope the win because that is one of the best JCSS I've seen.


Today it's time for our annual meeting with the Rheumatic association and I have so much to do before this. I will let you know if we got continued trust to continue on the path we have choosen. 

And I babysat for my darling E on Thursday. I just love him and he's so fun to be with. So much is happening now and it's full speed ahead.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...