Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

NEW YEAR

I left you in December just before Christmas with a beginning cold. And of course it bloomed the rest of my leave from work. So I decided to stay home another week so my first day in the new year was yesterday :-)

Even if I felt ill we had a lot of fun during Christmas and New Year.


The day before Christmas Eve Jonas, Mandy and Eddie came. We did the last Christmas decorations, ate together and had a good time before going to bed. They slept over so in the morning we all had a wonderful Christmas breakfast which, of course, included Christmas porridge (which we only eat once a year) made of rice and to that we had the obligatory Christmas ham sandwich with mustard. This is so good and when you have this you know it's Christmas. Of course I bought the ham from an organic farm where I have been myself. They actually also have a recording studio on the ground so Jonas has been there several times recording bands. Therefore I know the pigs are well kept and have the best lives they can have before becoming hams.


Anyway after breakfast it was time for a morning present and of course Eddie was the one who got to open one. We had bought a big car with remote control. He was so excited when he saw the car and shouted: biig, biig car or in Swedish stoor, stoor bil and he kept saying that. So funny. He was a bit afraid at first when the car drove away without him doing anything. But soon he got the hang of it.

He also said his first longer sentence then and that was: There is the car or in Swedish: där är bilen.
They are not supposed to say more than 2-word sentences in his age. But he's a very bright boy.
Do you know that he, at the age of 20 months, know the whole alphabet? He loves the letters and from the beginning he knew the letters for IKEA but then he wanted more and now he can almost get the words as well. He can read sol (sun) apotek (pharmacy) and so on. I think this is very early. Jonas was early but not that early. He could on the other hand talk longer sentences and his kindergarten teachers said he shouldn't be able to do that at his age. Jonas also started reading at the age of 4 and by then he could read almost anything. It's so fun to see and follow a baby/childs development.

Anyway Christmas Eve followed with Danniel and Emil coming along and a bit later my sister Helen and her two children, Bianca and Toni came. We all had a long Christmas lunch with everything that goes with it. Full of food we then, traditionally, saw Kalle Anka och hans vänner (Donald Duck with friends) which always airs at 3PM every Christmas Eve for the last 55 years. By then after all that food there are a lot of sleeping going on. While I of course take away the lunch and prepares for coffee and then Christmas presents. Sadly Jonas, Mandy and Eddie had to go to another Christmas party with her Dad for dinner but the rest of us had a great time.

Next morning we went to Gavle. That was me, Hasse, Jonas, Mandy and Eddie. Time for Christmas no 2 with Hasse's grown children in Gavle. Me and Hasse had booked hotelroom so J, M and E could stay with Staffan and Lena. They drove in my car which have the child car chair and we in our other car. We had so much fun during the two day stay. Chatting, playing, eating and just enjoying each others company. At one point when we sat eating dinner I had a wonderful facetime call from Jo, my sister, and it was so nice talking to her. I also let her say hi to all of us round the table.

After this we had some quiet days with my cold and also Hasse started feeling ill. New Year's Eve was spent home with just us and Emil. We had a good 3-course meal but since none of us was feeling well we made it an early night. Just saw the fireworks at midnight and then off to bed.
More quiet days but I got to spend some of them with Eddie. He is truly my big love and as they say grandchildren are lifes dessert and that is so true. It's hard for him to say farmor which is the Swedish word for paternal grandmother. So he calls me Nanno which is so cute. He's other grandmother, Mandy's Mom which in Swedish is mormor he calls her Nonna.

Then on Friday I introduced Jonas to opera. We went to the royal Operahouse and saw Verdi's Rigoletto. The best seats of course in our own box. I had also ordered something to eat and drink during the pause. This was served in the Golden foaje which is very impressing. Jonas love the opera, the house, the visit and everything so hopefully we will have the opportunity to go again.

This was a long post but now I need to go on with other stuff. And yes my cold is still here. Maybe soon I will be better.... Take care all of you who reads this.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck

Peter and his wife Toshimi. A lovely couple. Me and Helen before the show. LADIES NIGHT Yesterday me and my sister H went to Uppsala to see Ladies night. Have you ever been on one you know what I'm talking about. For you others who haven't yet experienced this I can tell you it's 2500 women and 0 men in the au dience. But on stage there is only men and what men!! One goodlooking guy after another. When we arrived we had champagne and white wine and different kinds of shellfish which wasn't that good but we ate and drank and had fun. For dessert we had a wonderful chocolatecake with raspberrysauce. During dinner Daniel Da Silva taught us to dance Marengo and Disco from the 80s. A lot of fun when everyone stood up and danced. After that a songcompetition and singalong. Finally at 9 the main event. Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck and Henrik Hjelt entered the stage. A 2 hour show with full steem all the way. Lots of sex hints of course but also ver

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sibbarpsrevyn, Ballon dance and conference

My sister Jo sent me this link to a very funny performance by Sibbarpsrevyn. How she can find this in LA I don't know ;-) Watch and enjoy :-) Sibbarpsrevyn   I will send something right back to her and that is our famous "The Ballon dance" The original was with Lars Åberg, Sven Melander and one other which I don't remember. They performed in a TV-show called Nöjesmaskinen "The Enterteinment machine" and was so funny. This version which I found on youtube is from a show called Diggiloo that performs outdoors in the summer all over Sweden. And as you can see we have this wonderful summer weather here ;-) This was, I think, 3 years ago and we must have had a very rainy summer. Watch this, enjoy and tell me what you think :-) Ballongdansen Otherwise I have been on the chairmen conference today and I'm so very tired but it was so good and give so much but now I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the weekend, be lazy and chill ;-)