Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Friends, musical and sick

On Saturday we had our good friends over for lunch. Since she doesn't eat gluten I made Swedish hamburgers glutenfree which means I didn't have any breadcrumbs in it but instead egg and cream and of course seasoning. They were delicious. I served roasted sweet potatoe and Jerusalem artichoke to that and also a gorgeous sallad, if I may say so myself.


For dessert and coffee I made a Pavlova but also included crusched Daim (a good chocolate).
We sat for several hours talking about what had been going on, how we were and how our children and grandchildren are. Because of their illness we haven't been able to meet so much this year so we had a lot of catching up to do. It's so nice with good friends. You don't have to say that much, nor explain because we understand. We have been friends now for 34 years so a very long time.
We also laugh a lot when we meet. All in all a wonderful afternoon.

Work as usual Monday. On Tuesday I started feeling "funny" that is feverish and chilly. On Wednesday me and Helen went to the theatre to see the absolutely amazing musical Så som i himlen which translate something like "As in heaven". Wonderful story, fantastic music and the actors/singers were truly amazing. Before the theatre we had dinner and talked and had time to catch up. Although we live in the same city we don't see each other often. That is due to Helen working a lot, me working a lot, Helen's "babies" are moving. She recently lost her dog but whenever we have the time we try to meet and have some alonetime. She, Bianca and Toni will celebrate Christmas Eve with us as well as Emil, Danniel, Jonas, Mandy and Eddie. (And on Christmas Day we go to Gavle.)



Anyway as the musical continued I froze so much we had to get my coat in the pause so I could use it like a blanket. And yes I had fever when I came home. And in the morning I woke up with ophtalmia. Couldn't open my eyes and when I could they were all red. Second time in a  couple of weeks.
So yesterday I canceled all my appointments and stayed home. 
Today I went down to get my B12 shot and my nurse was so nice and she fixed a time with my doctor, not until December 12 but that was good since he's so busy. I think I need to be checked and I suspect I'm in a deep relapse. We have to wait and see what he says,


Other than that it's all good but as you know this is the darkest time here in Sweden and we don't have any snow yet.

I wish you all a very happy 1st Advent



Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

Weekend with H.E.A.T in London

I just got back late last night from London where I spent the weekend with rock'n roll. My main purpose was of course to see H.E.A.T play at O2 Academy Islington London on Saturday. But why not combi ne that with holiday I thought. So me, my sister H and her daughter B as well as Jona's girlfriend M all went. We stayed at this superluxurious ho tel in Holborn Renaissance Chancery court. We had clubroom which gave us a ccess to a Club lounge that offered complimentary meals like continental breakfast, tea/coffe, drinks throughout the day, evening meal and desserts. In our prize was al so an English breakfast in the Pearl restaurant which ordinary cost £24.50! But it was worth it. On Friday evening we went to see "We will ro ck you" with music by Queen. What a musical!!! They talk about Mamma Mia but this one - I don't know but I it's probably better. I got goosebumps all over when the audience at the end starting singing Bohemian Rhapsody, what a feeling. I co...