Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

July is here with high summer and vacation but not just yet....

I have to work this week and then it's holiday time :-)

I only have 3 days this week to do everything at work like invoicing, wages and more and on top on that I (silly me since I do the schedule) had the Monday lunch today. 

And as I put photos on Facebook there has been a demand to get the recipe so OK I will place it here as well because it's not many of you that will receive our cookbook. 
This is an example from 2014. It's called at 11 o'clock with us and that is because we always eat lunch at 11AM.


The recipe for Teriyaki chicken with potatoe roll and salat.

Serve 4 people
The dish presented on a plate

4 chicken fillets
1 dl teriyakisauce with ginger and sesam seed
black pepper 
oil or butter to fry

Split each chicken fillet leangthwise into 2 parts. Place the chicken in the marinade  and let it sit for at least a couple of hours.
Then fry the chicken fillets to nice color. Place in an ovenproof dish and place ni the oven until done (around 20 minutes)

This is 3 potatoe rolls which serves 12. I had chicken for 16 and most of everything was gone  We were 9 that ate.

Potatoe roll
1 roll of puff pastry (or do it yourself, easypeasy)
600 g potatoes (firm kind, not mashy)
2 garlic cloves, pressed
150 g feta cheese
chopped thyme
salt
butter to fry in

Peal and grate the potatoes coarsely. Fry potatoes, garlic and thyme slightly. Let it cool.  Roll out the puff pastry, place the potatoes, salt, crumble the feta cheese over, cut a bit of thyme, roll together not tight. Place the roll on a plate with greaseproof paper and brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle sea salt and chopped thyme over. 
Bake in a pre heated oven 225C (which is 437F)

Slice the potatoe roll in 4 pieces and serve with the chicken, extra teriyaki sauce, creme fraiche and a nice salat.

I'm sorry I'm writing in English but it is so my American family also can understand. PM me on Facebook if there is something you don't understand :-)

Good luck!

And of course a big HAPPY 4TH OF JULY to my American family and friends.

 

Kommentarer

  1. Sounds yummy! I'd like to try those potatoes :) Have a fun day yourself!

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

Weekend with H.E.A.T in London

I just got back late last night from London where I spent the weekend with rock'n roll. My main purpose was of course to see H.E.A.T play at O2 Academy Islington London on Saturday. But why not combi ne that with holiday I thought. So me, my sister H and her daughter B as well as Jona's girlfriend M all went. We stayed at this superluxurious ho tel in Holborn Renaissance Chancery court. We had clubroom which gave us a ccess to a Club lounge that offered complimentary meals like continental breakfast, tea/coffe, drinks throughout the day, evening meal and desserts. In our prize was al so an English breakfast in the Pearl restaurant which ordinary cost £24.50! But it was worth it. On Friday evening we went to see "We will ro ck you" with music by Queen. What a musical!!! They talk about Mamma Mia but this one - I don't know but I it's probably better. I got goosebumps all over when the audience at the end starting singing Bohemian Rhapsody, what a feeling. I co...