Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

It's official - my vacation is here

What a wonderful start to my vacation. Yesterday me, Hasse and Emil were so excited about the nice weather that we decided to do a little excursion. I wanted to go by boat in lake Malaren to Drottningholm but H and E didn't want to go by boat but they did want to go to Drottningholm.
Emil couldn't remember if he had ever been there. Me and Hasse haven't been there for, I think, almost 30 years.

We had the most glorious day which started with some "fika" (coffe with a bun) in the castle café when we arrived. Strenghten by the coffee we started our tour. We didn't went inside but just watched the castle from the outside and walked in the beautiful garden.




Drottningholm's castle is actually the castle where our King and Queen lives and now also Prince Carl-Philip, Princess Sofia and little prince Alexander. What a wonderful enviroment for them.
Parts of the park is therefore not allowed for us to enter and there are guards watching the castle and also walking the grounds.

Beautiful plantings, trimmed hedges and several beautiful fountins can be seen in the big garden. This castle and garden was thought to be like a Swedish Versailles and you can see the influences.


 Then we walked all the way down to the China castle which is a beautiful summer castle built in 1753 and was a birthday gift to Queen Lovisa Ulrika from her husband King Adolf Fredrik.

The last photo here of Emil and Hasse on the bench I just love! They look so happy and relaxed and that was just what this excursion was.  After walking for a couple of hours we were exhausted and hungry so I suggested a lunch at restaurant Jungfrusund just by the Marina and we sat on the bridge and had a wonderful meal before heading home very happy and satisfied. Great way to start my vacation.


Today has been a quiet day. I have packed because I'm going to Malmo, Scania tomorrow and will be there until Tuesday. I will meet my Mom's cousin as I alwasy do in summer. I'm so looking forward to that.

I hope you all have a good Saturday and I will try to write more frequent now ;-)



Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...