Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

November is here with darkness and cold






Yes, I have a bad cold and have had it for 10 days. It's not very nice and the coughing is worst.

I think of Hasse when I cough and I think it's tough but he has been coughing constantly for 7 years every day!! That is tough!

Although cold I worked on Monday and then went on education for 2 days. It was hard but I managed and I stayed in town at a hotel instead of travelling home in rush hour so that was nice.

But then I have been home resting and trying to get better and I do think I'm a bit better. Last night I slept the whole night through for the first time in a long time.

Tomorrow it's Father's Day here in Sweden and I will celebrate Hasse. Emil will probably come as well but Jonas can't. He's going to Buenos Aires on Wednesday for a show with Martina Edoff and they have dress rehearsal tomorrow.

Video with Martina, Jonas, Crash, Jimmy and Dave


I'm so happy that Jonas get to experience so much of the world thanks to his big talent. He and Mandy are going to Florida and Mexico in January on holiday :-)


Today is "kladdkakans dag" here in Sweden. It's a kind of chocolate cake which is smudgy inside and is served with whipped cream. So I made one for "fika" today :-)
Here's a recipe for a delicious "kladdkaka" if you wish to try :-)



KLADDKAKA



100 g butter
2 organic eggs
2 dl white sugar
1 dl brown sugar
2 ½ dl wheat flour
4 tablespoons cocoa of good quality
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
1 pinch of salt
Butter and bread crumbs for the baking tin.
50 g dark chocolate of good quality

Preheat the oven to 150 C (302F)

Melt the butter in a saucepan. 
Beat eggs, sugar, brown sugar until fluffy and stir in the butter.
Mix the dry ingredients and mix into the batter. Add 50 g dark chocolate which you have shopped into small pieces.
Fill the batter into a greased and floured mold with removable edges
Bake in middle of oven for about 30 minutes. Test if ready, it should be a bit sticky especially in the middle.

Enjoy!
 

 

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...