Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

What a day - Eurovision win for Sweden and a wonderful Hagapark Day

Måns Zelmerlöw won the Eurovision for Sweden yesterday in Vienna. I was too tired to sit up and watch it. After Måns had sang I fell asleep and got the news at 4AM. I have now seen it in rerun and it was just as exciting although I knew the outcome.


Before that we had our much anticipated Hagapark Day. They started with me waking up at 3 by the sound of heavy rain! Oh no, was my first thought. But by the time I left for the Hagapark at 05.30AM it was sunny. Suppliers were already in place and had started working. During the first 2 hours I had to run from one end to the other to show everyone where everything were supposed to be, how to place all the furnitures, how to place the stage, the artisttent, the toilets etc etc. 
At 8 AM some others came to help out while I furnitured the artist tent, took care of the catering showing them where the food and cake were supposed to go. We had cakes for 625 people (that was including artists and volunteers). 
In the artist tent
And more from the tent


The artists came in time at 10AM for soundcheck and everything went smooth. They were very happy with the tent they had access to. All artists that have children brought the whole family along, children, husbands, dogs, babies so a really family day. 
Choralena

The first artist was the Choralena choir where one of my co-workers sing. A great performance! Then it was time for Victoria Tocca, an old friend, who is a gorgeous musical/classical/crossover singer with a warm wonderful voice. During her performance the skies went grey and then black. Soon it started to rain and then - hale storm!! She, as the professional she is, remained on the stage singing while all spectators raced for cover.
Viktoria
Viktoria singing in the rain


Hale

Then it was time for Erik and Jona. Some great acustic H.E.A.T songs. Very popular among the spectators.
 
Erik and Jona



After that Peter and Matilda, also friends since a long time. He is an excellent Queen interpretor (but can sing and play almost everything). She is his cousin and they often perform together. She has played a lot of musicals and is classically trained but sings everything from opera to Queen.
 
Peter and Matilda



There were H.E.A.T fans, Viktoria-fans as well as Peter and Matilda fans in place.

During the second set Erik and Jona called Peter and Matilda to the stage and they did this amazing version of The show must go on (click on this link to listen)
I just love when people are so talanted.

The last 2 hours we actually got some sun but since the day began so bad the crowd didn't got out. But we gave away 500 cake slices and coffe and we think there were around 500 more. Not at the same time but during the day.

We also had the Stockolm choir consisting of people with rhematic diagnoses. They finished off the day by us all singing "Together" which is our own song.
 
Little Rabbit - the symbol of the Rheumatic association gave balloons to the children


Jona - my son

Erik Grönwall and me

Hasse helped and was parking chef

Viktoria

Erik trying the paraffin bath which is good for your joints

After being organiser on the day, walking over 10km (according to my step counter) taking care of all suppliers from stage to toilets, being on my feet, sitting down at most 15 minutes, didn't have time to eat and didn't drink nearly enough. I was totally out with pain in the evening. I could hardly walk up the stairs into bed
I woke up with such pain at 4AM, took some painkillers, went back to bed and happily enough succeded to get some sleep.
I'm still tired and I don't do much today but chilling.

Tomorrow is a new working day. On Wednesday me and Hasse goes on a luxury cruise to Helsinki and when I come back it's the annual meeting with the Rheumatic association (Friday to Sunday)
And on Sunday it's Mother's Day here in Sweden.

Take care and be careful!
 

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...