Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Tomorrow is the big day - Hagapark Day





This last week has been filled with last preparations for the Hagapark Day which will culminate tomorrow.

But the week started very bad :-( On Monday I woke up and couldn't walk!! Yes, litteraly. I had so much pain in my pelvis that I couldn't lift my feet and make them walk. But of course I did went to work and held in everything I could get hold on to get some support. But at last they sent me home. I had a bit of panic. I had to be able to walk tomorrow! So I took a big dose of cortisone and booked an appointment with my doctor the next morning. And yes I did stay home from work on Tuesday.

The doctor prescribed strong double painkillers, continue the cortisone but then reduce it gradually. Of course it was inflammation - again!
So on Wednesday I was able to walk much better and yesterday, thank God, I could walk a lot.

We had a run through with all suppliers from stages to tents to furniture and also sponsors.
Then in late afternoon we had a information meeting with the volunteers. I informed them about everything from catering to candy to brochures and what we expect to get help with. Everything went well so now all we pray and wish for is that the weather will be with us. But we are in Sweden and you can never rely on the weather here.
Me pointing out where the tents will be

I wish I did this in California instead. Then you would be sure to have nice weather!

For you near Stockholm tomorrow I bid you a very warm welcome to join us in all festivities.
Maybe do the walking quiz and have a chance to win great prices among then cruises with Viking line. The kids have their own walking quiz also with great prices.

We treat the 500 first to coffee and cake. We have try-on activities like Qigong, dance and sitting down gymnastics. We have great artists among them Erik and Jona from H.E.A.T, Peter Johansson known Queen interpreter, his cousin Matilda Grün fantastic musical- and popsinger, Viktoria Tocca fd Krantz a wonderful classical soprano who also sings contemporary and has sang in many musicals like Christine in Phantom of the Opera.

THE BEST OF ALL? EVERYTHING IS FREE!
 
I'm so sad that my family in USA is so far away and can't participate. It would have been so fun to be able to gather you all here. Love you!

But as I said in the beginning - you who are close here - bring a picknic, a blanket or a chair, your family and have a fun day outdoors in the Hagapark.

A WARM WELCOME TO YOU ALL!


Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...