Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

May already...

A new month and a big month for me, but first what happend the last days of April.
What happened? Not much but I did go to Norrtalje to meet my friend Anne for treatments and lunch but this time I also brought my friend Ingvor with me. They are my "sisters" and they met at my birthday party last year and clicked :-) Neither of them have sisters so they wanted us to be sisters :-)
My "sisters" doing a test

We had a lovely day together with chat, treatment, lunch and we also posted the posters for the Hagaparkday in Norrtälje. Good day.

Then on Thursday we had Walpurgis night, you know when we great spring and light big fires to scare the winter away. Hasse and I stayed home instead of going out and freeze. We had a lovely dinner and enjoyed the warmth in our house instead ;-)

Yesterday we went to Gavle for Tuva, our greatgranddaughter's Christening. She was named Tuva, My. It was so nice to meet everyone. This time Jonas had the possibility to attend which was very nice. After church it was reception in the Church house and we were treated with sandwichcakes, very good, and a lot of cookies :-) A very nice time among the 50 closest :-) We are gradually becoming a very big family.
Malin (our granddaughter) Alexander (her man) and little Tuva. Beautiful family

Alexander's brother, Alex with Tuva, Malin, Lisa and Klara, parents and godparents
Jonas and Linnea, uncle and niece
Tuva baptized and presented by the priest to the congregation
Speaking of which I joined a genealogy site and wrote my name. Then I saw someone had put my grandfather's name (Mom's Dad) on his tree so I wrote and told him that was my grandfather and asked if we were relatives. He said his wife was my second cousin. When I followed my line on my mother's side and her mother and so on I found myself being related with both Bordon, noble family no 522 (in Sweden) and Sinclair or S:t Clair (no 444) and they have been able to trace our line down to Wilhelm I of England, the conqueror in the 11th century. This is so fascinating to be able to see exactly how we are connected because on this site I can take a name and ask if I am connected and if I am I get the result exactly how.
My tree is very wide and broad and the side where I have come the longest is on my mother's side.
I got hits also on Jo, Marvin and the others in USA stating my relation to them which is so interesting. Who knows all these facts? I wonder, but I'm glad it exists because I find it more interesting the older I get to know my roots and my heritage.
The clan in Scotland (that originate from France) which I'm related to, the Sinclair's, have reunions every 5 year and has one this year. It would have been so interesting to go there and meet them.
I have never been to Scotland but always had a desire to go.

Also on Thursday we have the 10-year jubilee at my job so a lot to do with that. Emil turns 28 on Saturday and I'm hard at everything with the Hagapark Day.

Have a good Sunday and week everyone and take care!
 

Kommentarer

  1. Busy busy! :) It's good the weather is getting nicer :)

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...