Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Yummie cookies and snow, and more snow....

My niece S in Salt Lake City posted a photo from a park in her town that pretty much looked like spring. SLC have similar weather to us here in Upplands Vasby but this winter it seems to differ. It has been snowing here now for 3 days and we have quite a lot of snow. Look at the photos here and compare that to my photos :-) Quite a contrast!

Park in Salt Lake City
This is our courtyard and yes we still have our tree because of the light and because we have a blackbird living under it :-)

Outside and our mailbox

Looking down the street

So quite different from the photo from SLC. Here I think they said we will have 6 weeks of winter. OK I don't mind as long as it's nice and sunny on May 23. There have been years when we have had snow in June even!

One of my favorite cookies and also for many others in my family. I call them Yummie cookies because they are so good :-)

Yummie cookies
16 st
113 g smält smör
150 g krossade Digestive
90 g kokosflingor
170 g ljus choklad
100 g hackade pekannötter (jag tog pekan- och valnötter)
1 burk kondenserad mjölk

Värm ugnen till 175 grader och placera ugnsgallret mitt i ugnen.
Klä en liten långpanna (23x23 ca) med bakplåtspapper.

Smält smör och häll i långpannan. Krossa Digestivekexen och strö krosset i ett jämnt lager över smöret. Strö kokos över smulorna. Strö hackad choklad över kokoslagret. Strö nötter över chokladen. Häll till sist över den kondenserade mjölken över alla ingredienserna. Blanda INTE IHOP ingredienserna. De ska ligga i lager på lager.
(OBS! Förbered gärna alla ingredienser i små skålar så går det fortare och lättare vid lager-på-lager momentet)
Grädda kakan i 30-35 minuter tills stickan kommer upp torr när du provar i kakans mitt. Låt kakan svalna i formen och skär sedan i rutor.
Förvara i kylskåp eller frys in.

In English:
Yummie cookies 16 pieces
113 g melted butter
150 g of crushed Digestive
90g desiccated coconut
170g milk chocolate
100g chopped pecans (I took pekan- and walnuts)
1 can of condensed milk

Preheat oven to 175 degrees and place oven rack in middle of oven.
Line a small roasting pan (23x23 approx) with parchment paper.

Melt the butter and pour into pan. Crush Digestive and sprinkle nibs in an even layer over the butter. Sprinkle coconut over the crumbs. Sprinkle chopped chocolate over coconut layer. Sprinkle nuts over the chocolate. Finally pour  the condensed milk over all the ingredients. Do not mix up the ingredients. They should lie in layers.

(NOTE: Prepare all ingredients in small bowls so it's quicker and easier when you do the layer-by-layer )

Bake for 30-35 minutes until the stick comes up dry when you try the cake in the middle. Let the cake cool in the pan and then cut into squares.

Store in the refrigerator or freeze.

Try this and enjoy, they are dangerously delicious!! 

Until next time - take care and be nice to one another especially if you are out in the traffic.
 



Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...