Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...
That's something we don't have in common. I used to dislike very much going to school meetings and make plans for the next school year etc. write a new curriculum etc. Even when I was in the leading team I just got bored, just looking forward to going out to dinner and drinking ;)
SvaraRaderaIt looks like Hasse had a very nice Father's Day with all the boys and your cooking. Enjoy the concert!
That's probably my Swedish heritage, planning and meeting. It was a great concert and I'm just filled by it right now.
SvaraRaderaLove you <3