Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Thursday and a look back...


I have to share this with you. This is taken in August 1986 and the photo on top is me, Danniel and Jonas  in Visby. The photo below is our dear friends visiting us at our house in Gotland. There is me and opposite Janne. Beside him Anne and next to her Johnny and then her daughter Johanna. Beside me is Kitte. The children is probably playing somewhere and that would be Danniel, Andreas, Robert and Jonas :-) What a lovely day that was.

Back to now. Here in Sweden we have had a heatwave from 1 July and still. This has caused a massive forestfire which is now on its 7th day. 1 dead and 1 fighting for his life. A cop ran over by a person that wanted to go in where it is stop. She is now in hospital with brain injury. 
Another fire started today again in another forest area. We have help now from planes that carries large amounts of water. They come from France and Italy. Also helicopters from Norway is helping out. This is the largest fire in Sweden in modern time. 

We have a lot of thunderstorms going on with flooding as follow (but not in the areas where the fire is) but the rain coming down isn't enough.

Other than that I have been working and that has been somewhat of an ordeal. No AC and no fans. But I didn't give up and on Mondayt I found some fans and bought 4. They were supposed to come today but luckily they came already the day after and was a relief but still it just fan the hot air we have. 

My beautiful sister Helen

Sisters me and Helen
I also saw my dentist yesterday, who happens to be my sister :-) It's her birthday tomorrow so I gave her her birthday gift yesterday already. It's a luxury cruise to Helsinki with the Rock boat. And yes, before yo ask - H.E.A.T will be playing as well as Survivor and a lot of other bands. We will, of course, be staying in a Commodore suite :-) She was very happy for that gift. And I hadn't any caries but I in one of my front teeth I had a sliver and she built it up again so now the tooth is as good as new.
Commodore cabin
Nothing more to report. I will take it easy this weekend and rest. I have an inflammation going on in my leg which I hope will cure soon.

Have a nice weekend everyone and take care!

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

Weekend with H.E.A.T in London

I just got back late last night from London where I spent the weekend with rock'n roll. My main purpose was of course to see H.E.A.T play at O2 Academy Islington London on Saturday. But why not combi ne that with holiday I thought. So me, my sister H and her daughter B as well as Jona's girlfriend M all went. We stayed at this superluxurious ho tel in Holborn Renaissance Chancery court. We had clubroom which gave us a ccess to a Club lounge that offered complimentary meals like continental breakfast, tea/coffe, drinks throughout the day, evening meal and desserts. In our prize was al so an English breakfast in the Pearl restaurant which ordinary cost £24.50! But it was worth it. On Friday evening we went to see "We will ro ck you" with music by Queen. What a musical!!! They talk about Mamma Mia but this one - I don't know but I it's probably better. I got goosebumps all over when the audience at the end starting singing Bohemian Rhapsody, what a feeling. I co...