Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Svärdsjö and singalong


A glass of wine before we left
 
 What a fantastic weekend we have had. We went to Svärdsjö in Dalarna to visit Gunilla and Per.

Me and Hasse had chairs with us. This was one hour before the show. When it started all the places behind us were occupied
They had bought tickets and treated us with them - THANK YOU! - to singalong with Lasse Berghagen. You out of Sweden might not be familiar with Lasse Berghagen? He was the singalong leader for many years at Skansen. And we all think, in our family, that he has been the best.


Some of the people.
Anyway he comes from Svärdsjö and wanted to do a singalong there and they anticipated around 1500 people. And along came 4-4500!! Can you imagine the choir we were? We had so much fun. He had also invited artists like a rockabilly group, Lisa Miskovsky and several more.
And some more but soon it was even more.
The weather, who hasn't been great this summer, was perfect. Sunshine, some clouds and warm.
The singalong was over 2 hours long but didn't feel that at all.
We happily sang along and had fun talking to everyone around us (at least I did). I can tell you that this is the closest to house concerts we have. And this time we were, as I said, in luck with the weather. It's not the same if it's raining I can tell you.

After the show we went back home to Gunilla and Per's place which is just gorgeous with a view to die for. They had bought fillet of beef from a farmer nearby and oh my God that was good. To that they had grilled asparagus and tomatoes and was served with potatoe slices and two sauces. So good!
Late night
 After dessert which was a lime pie with strawberries and whipped cream, yummie we went inside around 11PM. Not because it was cold or dark but because the mosqitos came out.



After a good nights sleep we had breakfast outside overlooking the lake. What a good way to start the day!

We started back home and came home around lunchtime which was perfect.

A big THANK YOU to Gunilla and Per for their hospitality and for treating us. Love you!

On Thursday I'm off to Malmo and I hope the weather will be as good. 

Take care and have a great time whether on vacation or working.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...