Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Mother-son day with my oldest


Me and Danniel outside the castle. It's not the house behind us which is a wing)
Yesterday I had my mother-son day with Danniel who is my oldest. I try to go to interesting places and often two different during the day. I don't tell them in advance. It's funnier that way :-)
The big pool (we didn't bath since we had no bathing clothes) which was the first outdoor pool in Sweden built in the 30's

Beautiful ceiling in the dining room. There was a castle here already during the Vikings in the 900

Danniel and I went to Häringe castle which is on the way to Nynäshamn. We have passed there so many times during our trips to Gotland but never actually went in there. So now it was time.
The weather was superb or rather very hot. But my car has AC so it's OK driving, but when you get out that's a different matter.
I had booked for lunch and they showed us the terrace. But with temp. over 100F we couldn't possibly sit there so we asked to be seated inside and we were. Actually we were the only ones inside :-) But it was so nice and cool so we really did a good choice. Beside that it was a banquet hall with a wonderful ceiling (see photo)
After lunch which was good we went on a sightseeing of the castle.
I'm sorry for the bad quality of some of the photos.
Beautiful open fire place

Big salon where they usually serve afternoon tea

Another beautiful open fire place in the big salon

Pool table in one of the rooms

Another beautiful ceiling
 After the tour around the castle - we even went down to the wine cellar and the dungeon - we continued our trip and now we headed to a meat shop where they have meat, or meat from animals that comes from selected farms. The animals have been out and not breeded in some barn and fed with pills. They eat grass and are naturally breeded which makes the meat tast so much better. 
They also have eggs from hens living like they used to, outside, happy as only hens can be ;-)
Sanda hönseri

After shopping a lot (!) we went back home to Danniel for some coffee and freshed baked cinnamon buns. Danniel had made them the day before. We had a very nice time on his newly fitted balcony. They have installed glass around it which makes it perfect as an extra room. After that I went home after a wonderful day with my oldest. A day that to me is luxury, being able to be with my sons one at the time as adults. 

Time for coffee and buns

Happy Mom on the balcony
Tomorrow it's Jonas and me that are going to hang out. Can't tell you where we are going though since it's a surprise ;-)

Take care and I will write about our adventure too.

Kommentarer

  1. I like that you spend time with each of your sons individually!

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...