Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Mother-Son Day with Jonas


Me and Jonas on the ferry
Did we have a wonderful day? Yes we did. Was it hot? YES, it was and still is! We still have, at 10.30PM 24C!!! It's gonna be hard sleeping again.
The eating started :-)

The day started out with a quick rise of temperature so when we left Väsby for unknown territory it was well around 29C. 

Gorgeous soup, västerbottenpie and omelette

Me and Jonas by the table. Look at the view outside!

The toilets are supernice and very beautiful like this basin in marble

I had booked a table for lunch at Artipelag at Värmdö. If you have read my blog before you know I have been there and love the place. It's a artcenter but not only that because the house is huge and have both exhibitions inside as well as outside. The place was built by the inventor of Baby Björn (you know the one you carry your babies in). He personally invested money in this and everything is built so it suits children, grownups, disabled and elderly. He thought of everything. It's situated by Baggensfjärden and there is a way from the sea up to house which is built so you can go there even if you are in a wheelchair or have trouble walking.
Doesn't he look like a real rockstar? ;-)
When we arrived the temp. had risen to 32C and we asked to be seated inside where they had AC :-)
It was too hot to sit outside. No wind from the sea, no nothing just plain hot.
But the food which consisted of a "skärgårdsbord" is kind of a smorgasbord but with more seafood.
It was delicious and so much. Both Jonas and I were very contect after a couple of hours and went for a walk down to the sea. Beautiful!
 
Waiting for the ferry. In the background you can see Oscar Fredriksborgs fortress which is the only way to go to Stockholm by ship.

After that I had planned that we should go to a sea bathe but when we got there it was crowded and we decided we didn't want to go down. So we continued to Djurönäset which is a hotel and conference center. Also beautifully located  by the sea. Then on to Stavsnäs pier which was a nice little archipelago village. Värmdö is a big island in the archipelago.
Vaxholm citadel
Then we decided to go another way home with ferries. So we drove to the quay where we took the car ferry (free) to Rindö and then drove across to take the next ferry to Vaxholm. We made it on board just in time before the ferry left. Those ferries were the only times where we actually could feel a kind of breeze. Days like this you really should be at sea! 

Thank you for a wonderful day Jonas - I love you!

Tomorrow I'm off to Sankt Anna archipelago to go to a concert with Peter and Matilda. It's me and my friend Ingvor. We are staying at a hotel at Stegeborg. I have no idea how that will go because it's said to be even warmer tomorrow!! 

As always take care and be kind to each other. Sov gott!

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...