Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Conference, media training and operation


Sunset over Sastaholm. 
Sastaholm 
Since I last wrote I have attended a panel debate on the health care in Stockholm. We in the Rheumatic association together with other handicap organisations arranged it and there were politicians from every party represented in the county council of Stockholm. 
Very interesting but not enough focus on our questions.
Media training with 2 of the journalists

On Friday we had arranged a conference in a wonderful place called Sastaholm. It used to be a retirement home for old actors/actresses and you can really tell by the decor and everything.

Dinner 
The first day we had media training by 3 journalists which ended up in us being filmed for "TV-show" like Good morning TV or Nyhetsmorgon. Of course I was the one in my group that got filmed. I was interviewed about patient schools for people with osteoarthritis. They said I did a good job but I didn't repeat the message enough times :-)

Grillbuffet 
In the evening dinner together before some headed down and played with all the wigs and clothes (from old movies and theatre productions), dressing up and having fun.

Working with the board
Saturday we had the most gorgeous breakfast before starting the work with the new board. We really did a lot those hours on Saturday and felt really satisfied when we ended the conference.
Me in the conference room where we were filmed

I went back home where Emil and Hasse waited for me. We celebrated Emil who had turned 27 on Friday. My sis Helen and Danniel came as well as Pinglan.
Jonas is on tour in Europe and couldn't make it of course. We had a very nice time and Emil was well celebrated. We had grilled pork, the first grill of the year, but it was nearly not done since the weather wasn't on our side. It has been raining now for quite some time. And before that it was frost. So no summer in sight yet.
 
Dinner with family


Pinglan 

Hasse and I are going on a cruise to Helsinki on Thursday and we do hope we will have some nice weather.

Today I had a small operation. My doctor thought it was a benign tumor but on my back but when he cut open it turned out to be an infection that had been
encapsulated. He showed me afterwards what he had taken out, gross.

I have had that in my jawbone but not in my back before. Anyway I stayed home today after that but will go to work tomorrow.

Hope you all have a good week. Take care!

Kommentarer

  1. Always busy! don't you miss the quit beach days in La Mirada? Here we are roasting, very hot days, and big fires in the San Diego area.
    Have a great time in Helsinki!
    Besos, Jo

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

Weekend with H.E.A.T in London

I just got back late last night from London where I spent the weekend with rock'n roll. My main purpose was of course to see H.E.A.T play at O2 Academy Islington London on Saturday. But why not combi ne that with holiday I thought. So me, my sister H and her daughter B as well as Jona's girlfriend M all went. We stayed at this superluxurious ho tel in Holborn Renaissance Chancery court. We had clubroom which gave us a ccess to a Club lounge that offered complimentary meals like continental breakfast, tea/coffe, drinks throughout the day, evening meal and desserts. In our prize was al so an English breakfast in the Pearl restaurant which ordinary cost £24.50! But it was worth it. On Friday evening we went to see "We will ro ck you" with music by Queen. What a musical!!! They talk about Mamma Mia but this one - I don't know but I it's probably better. I got goosebumps all over when the audience at the end starting singing Bohemian Rhapsody, what a feeling. I co...