Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Preparing for the traditional Advent celebration.....



Yes, I'm at it and have been since last weekend, but today it was time to iron the Christmas curtains and put them up. Also all the Christmas cloths were ironed and placed. We also have this little Advent tree (like a little Christmas tree but without all the decorations) with just lights.

We also have a little "Christmas town" welcoming people in the hall. It changes colors all the time and it's very decorative.
Yesterday I took a break from all the preparations and went to the Rheumatic association where I also am planning a Christmas celebration with dinner for around 40 active chairpeople. I met with my friend in the "party committé" and we went to order everything for next Thursday. 
Then I had a budget meeting before heading off to the Royal Opera where I saw Puccini's Turandot. A totally magic evening and the beautiful Nessun Dorma sang extremely well and it gave me chills all over. 
Even the Opera house was Christmas decorated. In the entrance hall the biggest tree I've seen, I think. And flanking the big beautiful red carpet stair up to the stalls were 2 beautiful Christmas trees.
Tomorrow I will continue with cooking and more decorating.

Have a good day, I think you have black Friday or something like that (USA) when everything is very very cheap?

Take care!



Kommentarer

  1. Many stores have big sales on Black Friday to start the holiday shopping season. We are a nation of consumers.

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...