Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Back home after a wonderful week in Prague

Prague part 1.

Yes, we had wonderful days in Prague with gorgeous weather except the last day when it rained heavily.

When we arrived we were met at the airport by our driver who took us to our hotel in a Mercedes limo. On the way in to town you could see how beautiful the surroundings were. There are lots of parks just outside the city center.

The hotel, Pachtuv Palace, the former residence of Earl Karel Pachta, is a cultural and architectural landmark of Prague. It's made of 2 different palaces, one baroque-style built around a superb 18th century courtyard, the other one classical, with apartments overlooking the river and Prague's castle.
 Hasse and one of the cow sculptures :-)
 Hasse in one of the courtyards. Amazing and beautiful
 One part of the hotel. Imposing, don't you think?
 Lion fountin in the other courtyard
 One of all the sculptures in the courtyards
 Hasse on the landing. We actually accessed our room from outside this landing.
Our suite is the balcony below the white cow(!)

Pachtuv Palace was originally built in 1770 by architect Jan Josef Ulrch, for the Pachta family. It replaced a previous Palace that once belonged to the emperor Ferdinand II. It is typical of baroque architecture with its ornamental main gate, sculptured stairs and balconies.

In the middle of the 19th century, a classical Palace, Jiraskuv, was built on the riverside and connected to Pachtuv Palace.

Pachtuv Palace is closely linked with the most famous names of music. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, a Prague fan, resided, composed and played there. He first came for a party and found himself “imprisoned” in a music salon for a few hours by Earl Pachta, who wanted his “Six Dances” order composed. In 1832, Wagner also resided in Pacthuv Palace.

The first day out on town we got lost. Yes you read right. It's kind of a small town but there were so many little streets and alleys and besides the language wasn't like anything else so we didn't understand a thing :-)
Anyway, we got to see a lot, more than we should maybe so after over 4 hours walking we were so tired. Hasse could hardly breath and I had so much pain in my feet joints. So we went back to the hotel and almost instantly fell asleep :-)
 A beautiful view
 T-Fords for sightseeing
 The world famous astronomic clock in Old Town
 Crowd waiting for the clock to strike
 Beautiful, beautiful facades

 My feet on the meridian on Prague's Old Town square
 Me and Hasse on the square
 Beautiful theatre which has been seen in quite a few movies
And from the side
At night we tried the hotel restaurant, Amade, which was very good and had a great service. It was also here we ate our breakfasts.

Amade, restaurant
To be continued........



Kommentarer

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...