Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Busy, busy as usual :-)

I have worked hard since I last wrote. I have also planned and been on our Chairmen conference, which was very nice.

We started last Friday in the morning by having boardmeeting with the board. After lunch the chairmen (women mostly) came and we had a very interesting lecture in the afternoon which ended with questions and discussions.
After an hour of rest we met in the big dining room and we were treated a wonderful 3-meal course (which I had selected). First we had Toast Skagen, then we had fillet of hart with a deliciouse sauce of madeira. For dessert a fruitsallat with vanilla icecream.

After dinner a very good friend of mine, Chris who is troubadour, entertained us. Here is a sample of what he sang:

HALLELUJAH

We continued on Saturday with the conference and had a very awarding day. After dinner, once again outstanding, with deer for starters, char with white winesauce for main course and a chocolate cake with rasberrysauce for dessert. Delicious!! We went down to the pub and the big TV where we saw the final of the Eurovision. A great show, I think, but we wanted Iceland to win. Not because it was the best song but because it would have been lovely to go there next year ;-)
But the right song won! I'm only sorry Robin didn't get more points. He was worth it and he was one of the few that really could sing.

Monday, Tuesday work again but we I enjoy it so much that it's just fun to go. On Wednesday after work me and my friend Carina went to the Royal Opera to see "Peter Grimes" by Benjamin Britten. We haven't seen any moderna opera before and we were pleasantly surprised. Great music and a very modern theme - the outcast being bullied and ending up taking his life. Wonderful, strong music that really got to you.


 Photo from the opera Peter Grimes in Stockholm
 
Then yesterday I visited my Mom together with both Emil and Danniel. It was Open House at the home where she lives. But when we came she wasn't well. She was so tired and I saw that she was in pain. She also looked like she was drugged,mainly because she couldn't open her eyes. So Emil went to the nurse and asked what medication she was on and they said none!
So when Emil and I went to grab some coffee we stopped by the nurse and I asked if they had checked on Mom and if she might have had a small stroke.
I also said she was in pain. So they decided to go to her and give her some painkiller which they did. Meanwhile Danniel stayed with her.
After we came back with no coffee (couldn't find it) but a small piece of cake Mom fell asleep and we could see that it was a relaxed and calm sleep. They said they would give her painkiller throughout the weekend and let the doctor see her on Monday. What would have happened if we hadn't been there? Would she had been in pain all the time?? Why don't they see?
Maybe because the new manager moved all personall around. 


Tomorrow me and Helen are going on a brunch cruise in the archipelago. That should be nice and good and give us a chance to talk without interruption.

Then on Sunday it's Mother's Day and the boys are coming home at 2PM :-)

Monday of course it's time to go to Prague which was my prize in the slogan competition :-)


So I won't be writing for a while again or maybe I will... It depends on how much we do in Prague ;-)

Take care everyone and be safe!

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...