Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

H.E.A.T TO PLAY IN SPAIN!

Yes, H.E.A.T is to headline two shows in Spain. One in Madrid and the other in Barcelona! That is after they've toured United Kingdom.
I don't know if I'm able to go to Barcelona to see them but it would be so nice :-) I'll have to work on that.

More that has happened since I last wrote - last weekend Hasse and I spent on our favorite hotel. Saturday evening we ate julbord (Christmas table) which is like a smorgasbord but more into Christmas dishes. Wonderful and so good. It's just a pity I can't do it justice because I can't eat that much.

We did have a wonderful time, as always, and we relaxed and had a good time. Although very much winter here in Stockholm there were quite a lot of boat traffic on the sea. Many go on julbord-cruises which is nice.

On Sunday we went home again but I went back to town after changing clothes to go on a Christmas concert with Peter and Matilda (who performed at our jubilee in August),
The concert was enormously good. I enjoyed every minute of it and I also laughed so my stomach hurt.
Before the show I met both Peter and Matilda and got hugs and updates on what they had been doing. Matilda have since we last saw given birth to a wonderful son, Sixten, and she sent me a photo of him dressed in the clothes I gave.

They are so talanted and musical and when they sang Barcelona (people's choice) I had goose bumps all over. Never had they sang it better! The concert was said to last 2h20 but when we got out 3 hours had passed and it didn't feel that at all.
Driving home in snow storm, of course, I was tired but filled with all that wonderful music.

Speaking of snow. We have had so much snow and storms the last weeks so now we have around 60 cm of snow. That makes the traffic situation very hard. At some point nothing worked and we were told to stay home. That is what happened last Wednesday. It snowed and snowed so much I had to go early from work after digging out my car. And this week again.


On Monday it was time for the Nobel prize, always on the 10th of December. I also had the cooking at work so obviously I decided to do a Nobel lunch. I served beef fillet with luxury mash and redwine sauce and bearnaise sauce. Then I had made a Cassata icecream. Very yummie! And I even served red wine to the food (for those who didn't drive).


Last Friday I had to stop taking my anti-inflammatory medicine because I got so many migrain attacks and very very bad. When I read about the medicine and the side-effects it said they could cause high blood pressure, stroke, headache and other bad things. And since I had had more migrain attacks than in many years I decided I didn't dare eat them anymore. But of course Wednesday I started aching and feeling bad so I went home early from work. I had fever Wednesday and even now. And I have so much pain I can hardly move. So I know the medicine was good for this but not good for other things. I have to choose - having bad migrains or not being able to walk. Hmm, har choice but as it is I have the pain in my pelvis and groins :-(

I was able to go to the Opera and see the Masqerade ball by Verdi. I wasn't feeling good but since I had the tickets I had to. And I just love the music. There were several singers sick as well and one was the leading role playing king Gustav III. But they had managed to find a singer who landed just 2 hours before the opera - a Hungarian singer - so good!

I will try to take it easy this weekend, or rather I can't do anything else because of the pain :-( Next week is full of events so I have to try to get better.

Take care all of you reading this :-)

Kommentarer

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! Now take care of yourself and slow down a bit till you feel better :)
    L:ove you,
    Your sis Jo

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...