Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Christmas holiday is ON!

THE COOK BOOK OF THE YEAR!
This week was my last at work for a couple of weeks. I have, as I mentioned before, not being very well and I can't say I'm much better but I am up and I have been working this week. 
Lots to do the last days of the year :-)

I did miss the yearly Christmas party which consist of us all going away cooking our 3-course dinner and then voting on the best dish. We had that yesterday. I worked all day and then we had a gathering with champagne (not for me though since I drove home) and snacks. We also each year have a lottery on things I get as a bonus when I buy our office materials. So this year we had 14 different things from a digital camera to bags, different games, lamps and more. I won two prices - two weekendbags and a "örtvagga" a wooden thing where you shop your herbs.
All of us who made the recipes, my wonderful co-workers

Furthermore I won this year's cooking competition - for the 3 time in a row :-) I'm so happy about that. Cooking and baking is a big hobby with me, as you who know me know all about ;-)
This year the price was amazing - a dream weekend for 2 with overnight stay at a hotel (40 to choose from) with breakfast buffet and also included an event which might be spa-treatments or dinner. It differs from hotel to hotel. I love it! The reason the price was this exceptional this year is because I also did the cookbook (together with the runner up).

I really have the greatest co-workers! I couldn't have asked for better. And here's another thing I will tell you which show that. Since I couldn't be with them in the evening they took photos all evening and posted on Facebook which meant I could follow everything that was happening :-) They even toasted me at one time. How about that?



An example of recipes (both mine of some strange coincidence ;-))
I also today got a big surprise when the door ranged and when I opened there was a flower delivery! It was my Opera-friend who sent me this wonderful boquet thanking me for this Opera-year. Have I wonderful friends or have I? I can tell you they are the best and I'm so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life. That really makes me feel rich.
The wonderful flowers


On Saturday my sister and her family is coming here to celebrate "small Christmas" since they are going to Dubain Christmas morning. Then on Monday, of course, it's Christmas for real with the family and the next day we're going to Gävle to celebrate with children and grandchildren :-)

Take care everyone and have a really H.E.A.T Christmas :-)

Kommentarer

  1. I don't know why my comment is not showing. OK I'll say again you are a great COOK! congratulations on your winnings and the book looks super nice too!
    puss aND kramms
    Jo

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

Weekend with H.E.A.T in London

I just got back late last night from London where I spent the weekend with rock'n roll. My main purpose was of course to see H.E.A.T play at O2 Academy Islington London on Saturday. But why not combi ne that with holiday I thought. So me, my sister H and her daughter B as well as Jona's girlfriend M all went. We stayed at this superluxurious ho tel in Holborn Renaissance Chancery court. We had clubroom which gave us a ccess to a Club lounge that offered complimentary meals like continental breakfast, tea/coffe, drinks throughout the day, evening meal and desserts. In our prize was al so an English breakfast in the Pearl restaurant which ordinary cost £24.50! But it was worth it. On Friday evening we went to see "We will ro ck you" with music by Queen. What a musical!!! They talk about Mamma Mia but this one - I don't know but I it's probably better. I got goosebumps all over when the audience at the end starting singing Bohemian Rhapsody, what a feeling. I co...