Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

3rd Christmas in Gävle



Yesterday on Christmas Day we celebrated our third Christmas together with our children and grandchildren in Gävle. For once all of them were gathered, except Linnea who is in Mexico, which is very rare.
We also, at the same time, celebrated coming birthdays.

We started driving from Väsby at 10AM and the weather was horrible. Snowing, very windy and at some point, I think Uppsala, even cold rain. Everything went smothly until a couple of miles outside Uppsala when suddenly we caught a queue - yes on the motorway where the speed limit is 120km/h. We drove in 70km/h in one line because it wasn't ploughed and the snow came down hard. So it took us 2 hours to get there which normally takes 1h20min :-) But we were very happy to get there at all. There were a lot of accidents.

When we arrived the lunch was ready and Staffan had made a wonderful Chili con carne with sallat. And after that we just sat down talking, playing cards and just enjoyed ourselves.
Lena stopped working at 3.30PM and at 4 everyone else came so we were 17 in total having coffee and the most gorgeous cakes of different kind, and of course, safron buns as well as birthday cake!

Then it was time for Christmas gifts but not the ordinary kind. We buy a gift for 150 SEK and then we put numbers on them and we each draw a number which correspond with the number on the gift. After everyone has got there gifts we open in number order and also then reveiling who bought it. I got a knife which Gunilla had bought. I gave my cook book and Gunilla got that one :-)

Very, very nice and everyone was very happy for their gifts.







Then it was time for dinner which Gunilla had made. A wonderful Parmalasagna with sallat. Gorgeous and something I will do as well.

We headed back home at 9PM and by then the roads were cleaned and good to drive on.

Today we haven't done much which is so nice! We haven't anything planned for the coming days but just to relax and gather strength.

I hope you all had a great time and be sure to take care!

Kommentarer

  1. Lots of fun parties!!!what are you doing for New Year's Eve? :)

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...