Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Sunday and it's November

No more snow :-) and of course as soon as we switched to winter tires the snow and ice was gone and now we have around + 6-7 C. It's very dark though. When I go to work in the morning at 5.45 AM it's completely dark and the sun doesn't rise until around 7.15AM and down at around 4PM and it's grey.
The positive is that we now can light candles inside, snuggle up in the sofa watching TV without feeling guilty that you're not outside :-)


Last Saturday we have good friends over for dinner which was very nice. I had made Creme Ninon for starter which is a green pea soup with champagne. Main course was my salmon gratin with a delicious white wine sauce and for dessert a chocolate fudge pie with rasberries and icecream. We served a White Zinfandel, Beringer to drink and that wine is so good.
The soup was so good it was over before I had a chance to take a photo ;-)

Main dish looks a bit pale but was truly delicious
Dessert was yummie!

Then on Tuesday I was on a board meeting with my Rheumatic society locally. It was very nice to meet them all since it has been a while since. We started with a good lunch and continued with the meeting. I will go with them on their conference next weekend where they will plan 2013.

I worked a bit different this week since the 1 and 2 of November was a Thursday and Friday. Every month the first days of the months is very important at work since everything needs to be invoiced. The good thing was that I worked a Friday which is the day we have massage at work so I had a wonderful and much needed massage.

And of course this weekend was All Saints Day when we remember all our relatives that has gone before us. I remembered my father Ricardo, my Dad Olle, my beloved grandpa, other family members and friends. I lit a candle thinking of them all.


I also visited my Mom yesterday and as you know she has Alzheimer's and have hardly any words left. She's often very tired when I come and also wondering who I am. But yesterday she, after I woked her up, was so happy. We listened to the radio and "Melodikrysset" and she was so alert. She started moving to the music, she's in a wheelchair, like dancing and she clapped her hands and laughed. I was so happy to see her like that. She has always loved music and she really loves when you play to her.


Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...