Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY

It's time for the big jubileedinner which I and two friends have planned for a year now.

I have worked so hard the last weeks to get everything done and hopefully we will have a great time. We have set the scene now it's up to the guests to make it happen.

What I hate is when people write a mail saying I'm sorry I can't come?!! What is that? No real reason to why just that they won't come. They have no idea how much trouble that will cause. Not only to change all the lists, trying to get people to replace those places because since it's so close we will have to pay for all places.

If you are in hospital or as someone had a death in the family that is of course obvious reasons but just say I won't come that makes me so angry!

Another thing is that people don't seem to understand the meaning of RSVP or as we say in Swedish O.S.A and as you that means: Repondez s'il vous plait, Answer please.
It doesn't mean you don't answer especially when you have got a personal invitation sent to you by post. The most astonishing is that even our politicans doesn't seem to know what it means. Only 1 out of 25 invitations sent to polititions have been answered.
And among all the others I think we have 50 that didn't bother to answer. When we sent out a reminder we got back: We didn't know we had to tell if we didn't come!?!?
What do they think it means?

But still we are 125 people tomorrow plus artists and I'm sure we will have a good time. Good food, good drinks, great artists and a toastmaster/conferencier called Mia :-) Yes I had to take upon me the task since noone else wanted it.

So keep your fingers crossed for me.

Yesterday also was the day when the Rock Bear was granted. I'm sorry to say H.E.A.T didn't win but just to be nominated is big. It's like Sweden's Grammy.
But I was so angry because when they presented H.E.A.T they did it with an old song - 1000 miles - and worse the old singer not the currant. That is really bad journalism!

I do hope you will have a great Friday. I will try to take photos so I can show you but I don't know if I have the time :-)

Take care!

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...