Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

We won in Eurovision and H.E.A.T on TV4

What a week and weekend this has been!
 Hasse sitting on our veranda

On Wednesday Hasse and me "sat sails" for Tallin on a mini-cruise. We went in the most beautiful weather with sunshine and summer temperatures. We got this amazing cabin - a corner executive suite with the largest veranda where we really could take advantage of the gorgeous weather.
 Beautiful sunset
In Tallin we took a hopon-hopoff bus which I think is a great way to see a town and then get back to the places you liked and want to see more of. We had lunch at a restaurant with maritime theme. It was really nice. I had a soup that was very good but how on earth they can put anshovies in butter ?!?! I don't know. That really spoilt my lunch. I can't eat that because my stomach doesn't want to have it.
 The water in the background made it authentic since it moved all the time
 Here you really see the maritime theme coming to live. See the sail in the background?
 The flowermarket on the way in to Old Town, Tallin
 In Old town you can see that this is a medievel town with beautiful old houses
 And narrow alleys like this
The old wall surrounding the Old Town
You can also see from the photos that the weather was gorgeus even here although a bit colder.
 I just had to add this because the napkin is in the same color as in the logo of my work :-)
And this is me on our veranda with Oxdjupet in the background - the gateway to Stockholm
Home again on Friday we had a calm day before yesterdays (Saturday 26th Whitsun Eve) events.

First up was the TV-show where H.E.A.T participated - Kvällen är din. It's a program where people that has done something good for others or have gone through something bad like illness, overcoming cancer or similar hardships. They are nominated for this show and their highest dream is granted. One girl - Amanda - had a dream to sing with H.E.A.T and that's why they were on.

H.E.A.T - kvällen är din  listen to this - it's great!!

Erik Grönwall from H.E.A.T with Amanda

When this program was over it was time for the next event - Eurovision song contest 2012 in Baku. I know we had a great song and a great performer but you can't be sure of anything when it comes to Eurovision but this time it was true. WE WON!! and by big numbers. It was so exciting I couldn't watch the drama with the result so when Loreen lead when 13 countries had voted I had to go and take a shower to calm down ;-) When I came out of it there was only 9 countries left to vote and she was still in the lead. What a night! We haven't won since 1999 so now the big question is - where to get tickets for next years final :-)
Loreen in a Swedish flag, and to the right the ones who wrote the song, Thomas Gson (who also wrote the Spanish entry) and Peter Boström
Celebrating the win in Eurovision in Stockholm city

And today is Mother's Day here in Sweden so I'm hoping for a visit from at least one of my sons :-) One has already called me and congratulated.

Have a great day and take care.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...