Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Birthdays and work

I know it has been a while since I wrote on Easter Day. That was also Hasse's birthday and we had a lovely Easter/Birthday dinner here :-)
 The birthday "boy" hidden behind the flowers
 At the dinner table
 Everyone enjoyed the food!
Dessert - Mandy made an applecake and vanilla sauce

The morning after on Easter Day we all, except for Helen and Danniel, went to Gavle and Staffan and Lena. We had a lovely fish stew when we arrived and a nice and calm afternoon. Me and Mandy tried to go to the stores in the center but all of them were closed!!
Later in the afternoon we started preparing dinner which was delicious I can tell you. We had a wonderful time together and we all enjoyed the warm and cosy atmosphere. Of course we stayed over night and returned home again after breakfast the following day mainly because Mandy started working mid-day.
 Jonas, Malin and Hasse having afternoon coffee
 Dinner table
 The starter was asparagus sallad and parmegano cheese

Delicioius dinner
The week after Easter nothing much happened just the ordinary but on Thursday I had the jubilee committe home for lunch and meeting. Very nice.

On Tuesday it was Jonas birthday and we were invited to birthday party. Of course everyone in H.E.A.T was there as well as girlfriends and other friends. Very very nice. We gave Jonas an olive tree and money for him to buy a computer (his old one has broken down).
 Always music when the guys meet :-)
The birthday "boy" with the delicious chocolate cake that Mandy made.

On Wednesday me and my friend Inger (to the right on this photo) and my new friend Carina met for lunch. Me and Carina had never met before but have been friends on Facebook for a couple of years because I know her brother who is a big H.E.A.T-fan. Then it turned out that Inger knew her and for almost 2 years we have been trying to meet for lunch. The thing is they work just across the road from me at Karolinska hospital ;-) We had a great lunch which lasted for 
2 1/2 hours. We will try to meet again pretty soon! As you can see from the photo we are all happy girls :-)
Yesterday it was boardmeeting in the Rheumatic assocation. The plans for the jubilee party is going smoothly (fingers crossed) and I have one definite yes from an artist and a very definite yes from another.

Tomorrow I'm off to the Royal Opera to see Bohéme which is one of my favorite operas. It's also my brother in law - Marvin's birthday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY Marvin!

I hope you all have a great weekend. Take care and look after one another!

Kommentarer

  1. In the top picture, Jona looks so much like my our father when he was young!!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Well I have said before that I think they have the same nose. He also looks like me when I was young :-)

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...