Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Carola show and charity event

Friday I went to the Rheumatic association to get a view of the new homepage and it's looking very promising.
After the meeting I went to my favourite chocolate store here in Stockholm:
Kungsholmens choklad & Café on Fleminggatan 45 (which is opposite S:t Erik's hospital). For you who knows Stockholm :-) She has the most delicious chocolate and so good coffee. If you ever are in the neighbourhood, don't miss out on a visit.
 (She's also a H.E.A.T mom)

Then yesterday me and Helen was at Tyrol which is a restaurant at the amusement park Gröna Lund (which is closed but the restaurant is open all year round). We had a great lunch and then a supershow with Carola who is probably the biggest star we have in Sweden. She has a show where she sings Barbara Streisand and Elvis music. It was absolutely great!

I have no idea why the photos are the wrong way and I don't know how to fix it. Advice please!


After the show we went to a charity event hosted by Victoria Tocca  who is a good friend. She now lives in Romania and has there started this project to save homeless dogs. She takes them in, get them healthy, they get their shots and learn how to be socially. Then they are adopted to Swedish families. A very good cause and the organisation is called Dinas ark.

Victoria is also nominated to HMM awards, in 3 different categories, in Hollywood November 17. I wish her all the best. She's a great singer.
Here's an example of her singing
Have a great Sunday everyone. Take care!

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...