Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Hotellweekend in Stockholm

The view when we approach the hotel by boat
(If you click on the photos they open up in bigger size)
It's October 2 today and I'm just home after spending a wonderful weekend in Stockholm at our favorite hotel, Elite Marina Tower. This was my birthday gift from Hasse <3 and it was really thoughtful.
I also got, last year, a gift card from my sister Helen which I used now. It was for a day at the National Museum including champagne with canapés at our arrival. Then viewing of the museum and after that a 2-course lunch with wine and coffee. We had the most wonderful reception when we came. A reserved table in the Atrium restaurant layed with champagne glasses and napkins.
 Me in the grand entrance hall of National museum with Carl Larsson's painting Gustav Vasa's entrance into Stockholm in the background

Hasse watching the old masters

The restaurant manager, Karin, came and told us about our day. We really felt VIP the whole day. When we returned after the viewing the restaurant was full but our table was just for us :-) and as soon as we came in Karin came and welcomed us back. After a delicious lunch conststing of walleye with risotto and vegetables followed by a white chocolate pannacotta with strawberries and a great white wine from New Zealand we were so pleased and headed back to the hotel.
 Our 560 squarefeet room with separate dining area
 Speed boats and sailships on the water of Stockholm October 1
 Loo with a view
Our bed with a beautiful view
The weather was totally out of this world. On Saturday which was the day at the museum we had sunshine and 22C in Stockholm. In October!! Some years it snows then. So we were so lucky.
We did arrive at the hotel already on Friday and I took the boat to Nybroplan where I walked to the Opera to meet my friend C. We saw two ballets that was beautiful. They have such bodies and how they can use them. I'm so impressed. The only thing was that the music wasn't "live". It was recorded and that is not something you are used to going to the Opera. But it was totally worth seeing it.

After the museum trip we headed home and in the evening we had people over for dinner at the hotel. Gorgeous food and very nice company ended a perfect day.
Today we just had a late start, had breakfast, chilled in our room and headed home around 3PM after first shopping at Sickla. I wonder if it's always that many people there? It was crazy many people.

So now we're home and I'm getting reday for next week. I hope you all had a great weekend too.
Me outside the National museum and with the Royal palace and Old town in the background
Thanks everyone that made my birthday weekend such a nice and memorable time!! Love you <3

Kommentarer

  1. So happy you had such a lovely time :)
    kramms from Jo

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck

Peter and his wife Toshimi. A lovely couple. Me and Helen before the show. LADIES NIGHT Yesterday me and my sister H went to Uppsala to see Ladies night. Have you ever been on one you know what I'm talking about. For you others who haven't yet experienced this I can tell you it's 2500 women and 0 men in the au dience. But on stage there is only men and what men!! One goodlooking guy after another. When we arrived we had champagne and white wine and different kinds of shellfish which wasn't that good but we ate and drank and had fun. For dessert we had a wonderful chocolatecake with raspberrysauce. During dinner Daniel Da Silva taught us to dance Marengo and Disco from the 80s. A lot of fun when everyone stood up and danced. After that a songcompetition and singalong. Finally at 9 the main event. Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck and Henrik Hjelt entered the stage. A 2 hour show with full steem all the way. Lots of sex hints of course but also ver

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sibbarpsrevyn, Ballon dance and conference

My sister Jo sent me this link to a very funny performance by Sibbarpsrevyn. How she can find this in LA I don't know ;-) Watch and enjoy :-) Sibbarpsrevyn   I will send something right back to her and that is our famous "The Ballon dance" The original was with Lars Åberg, Sven Melander and one other which I don't remember. They performed in a TV-show called Nöjesmaskinen "The Enterteinment machine" and was so funny. This version which I found on youtube is from a show called Diggiloo that performs outdoors in the summer all over Sweden. And as you can see we have this wonderful summer weather here ;-) This was, I think, 3 years ago and we must have had a very rainy summer. Watch this, enjoy and tell me what you think :-) Ballongdansen Otherwise I have been on the chairmen conference today and I'm so very tired but it was so good and give so much but now I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the weekend, be lazy and chill ;-)