Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

September is here

It's September already and soon my birthday :-) Summer went by so fast and here the evenings are getting darker and darker and it will get worse all the way until December when it's dark almost all day.
On the bright side is that the air is brisk and clear and it's easier to breathe rather than the humid weather we have had.
They do say we're going to get some warm days now over the weekend but so far it has been rain and thunder.

Tonight we're having dinner guests, our very good friends Kitte and Janne and also Laila who is visiting from Gotland. I'm serving gazpacho with shrimps and pain riche, then a delicious Lasagne and for dessert Toscapears with vanilla icecream. Does it sound good to you?
Since I have been working both Thursday and today I had to make food that I could prepare beforehand so I did the Lasagne yesterday (which often makes it more tastier) and also the gazpacho.

I hope you all will have a nice evening. My thoughts goes out to my sis Jo and her husband but also to my nieces. I hope everything will get better now. Big hugs to you all with all my love <3

Take care out there!

Kommentarer

  1. I am glad you have enjoyed your Summer! As you know, August has not been the best month for us, but they are releasing Marvin tomorrow from hospital. He's happy! and so are we :)
    Hugs from your sis Jo

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...