Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Nice Friday with visit....

 Hasse, Lena and Staffan

Yesterday we had very nice and dear visit from Staffan and Lena who also spent the night here.
It started in the morning when we got a call from Gunilla who said she and Per were on their way to Stockholm and wondered if I could guide them around Rosersberg's castle. I said I'm so sorry but I can't today because S and L is coming and I have to go shopping, baking and cooking.
So we decided we will meet on Sunday afternoon for a guide-tour :-)
So I went shopping and bought fish - halibutfillet - among other things. Then back home where I baked a cake with raspberries on a spongecake and meringue on top. Very tasty. Then I made the white winesauce - yes again. The second time this week but this time even more rich and tastier (if possible). I cooked it for over 2 hours because the more it reduce the more taste you get. Then I placed the halibut on a bed of spinache, salted and peppered and poured a little bit of the sauce on top. Then into the oven for about 15-20 minutes. I served with fresh new potatoes cooked in dill and a fresh green salat and of course the sauce. It was so tasty (if I may say so myself) The others also loved it, so much that we ate all fish which is great review :-)
I must tell you that we had a great Chablis to go with the wine. Delicious!!! The best wine you can have with a good fishdish. And of course to the winesacue I used a great Chardonnay. The finer wine the better sauce!

For dessert Lena and I went out to the ice-cream car that came just as we were ready for dessert. So icecream it was :-)

Today it's a chill day but tomorrow I'm off to see Mom and also celebrate Helen's birthday. We will meet at Mom's and have some coffee and cake and hopefully I will have got Helen's birthdaygift by then. I have bought her some jewelleries from ByCelina which is a friend of mine who makes the most beautiful and modern pieces.

In the afternoon I will go to Rosersberg to guide Gunilla and Per so a full day of joy.


Next week I will be off to Malmö to visit Kerstin who is my Mom's cousin. That will be so nice. I really love her and we always have so much fun when we meet.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

Weekend with H.E.A.T in London

I just got back late last night from London where I spent the weekend with rock'n roll. My main purpose was of course to see H.E.A.T play at O2 Academy Islington London on Saturday. But why not combi ne that with holiday I thought. So me, my sister H and her daughter B as well as Jona's girlfriend M all went. We stayed at this superluxurious ho tel in Holborn Renaissance Chancery court. We had clubroom which gave us a ccess to a Club lounge that offered complimentary meals like continental breakfast, tea/coffe, drinks throughout the day, evening meal and desserts. In our prize was al so an English breakfast in the Pearl restaurant which ordinary cost £24.50! But it was worth it. On Friday evening we went to see "We will ro ck you" with music by Queen. What a musical!!! They talk about Mamma Mia but this one - I don't know but I it's probably better. I got goosebumps all over when the audience at the end starting singing Bohemian Rhapsody, what a feeling. I co...