Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Weekend in Dalarna

 The fireplace in our suite
We are just back home after a wonderful weekend in Dalarna that didn't quite turn out the way we planned.
We left early Friday morning going first to Gavle for a coffeebreak at Staffan's house. After that we continued to Svärdsjö to Per och Gunilla's place for lunch. Very good :-) Then off to Tällberg where we were supposed to see Diggiloo at Dalhalla which is outside. Since we live in Sweden you can't tell when the weather is fine or not even not at summer and Friday was the worst day ever. It rained and rained and then it rained even more. You know the rain that no umbrella or rainclothes can stand. You get wet no matter what. To make things worse it was just around 10C.

So after checking in at Tällbergsgården and our beautiful suite we decided it wasn't worth going to Dalhalla and perhaps get pneumonia so we had a wonderful 3-course dinner with wine. Then we took some wine over to our suite, let a fire in the open fireplace and had a very cosy, and warm, time :-)



Next morning we had a great breakfast before leaving for Söderbärke and our good friends Pär and Brita (H.E.A.T-parents) who has this paradiseplace with a lakeview. We love every time we are there. It's just gorgeous and so peaceful. So we went around and ended up at Tolvsbo inn where we had a glass of wine and then back home to their place for some BBQ.
I must tell you that when we sat at Tolvsbo the sun came and the rest of the evening we had the most gorgeous weather and were able to sit outside eating.
This morning Hasse and I took a walk and when we came back we had a wonderful breakfast before leaving.
This time we took small roads back and ended up in Västerås where we had lunch before going the last distance home.

So now we have a couple of days at home before heading to Helsinki :-)

By the way I'm cheering for the USA women team in socker now that Sweden's out. Go USA!


Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

Weekend with H.E.A.T in London

I just got back late last night from London where I spent the weekend with rock'n roll. My main purpose was of course to see H.E.A.T play at O2 Academy Islington London on Saturday. But why not combi ne that with holiday I thought. So me, my sister H and her daughter B as well as Jona's girlfriend M all went. We stayed at this superluxurious ho tel in Holborn Renaissance Chancery court. We had clubroom which gave us a ccess to a Club lounge that offered complimentary meals like continental breakfast, tea/coffe, drinks throughout the day, evening meal and desserts. In our prize was al so an English breakfast in the Pearl restaurant which ordinary cost £24.50! But it was worth it. On Friday evening we went to see "We will ro ck you" with music by Queen. What a musical!!! They talk about Mamma Mia but this one - I don't know but I it's probably better. I got goosebumps all over when the audience at the end starting singing Bohemian Rhapsody, what a feeling. I co...