Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Birthday and more.....

My Mom turned 87 last Saturday and on Sunday Helen, me and Danniel went to celebrate her. We had planned to take her out for lunch but on Saturday they called from the home where she lived and said she was still not well after her pneumonia. She had been in bed all week and couldn't even walk. So we changed our plans and brought cakes and presents to her in her room while having coffee. Very nice and she seemed better which was comforting.

This week has been full of work. I need to to everything ready before my holiday. Also this week actually yesterday Hasse turned 70. I can't believe that! He still looks so young and fit despite his illness.
Tomorrow Saturday we have Open House to celebrate him and we except around 46 friends and relatives to turn up. It will certainly be crowded but as we say in Sweden: If there are heartroom (love) there are butroom (room to sit down) :-)
So today I'm cooking gulasch soup, baking bread, making cakes and more...... Should be a lot of fun having everyone here again (although lot of work).
Then Sunday, hopefully, I will have time to plan what to pack for the trip.
Did I mention I'm going to Los Angeles to visit my sister. That will be so nice. I haven't seen her in 3 years :-( It's a long journey and cost a bit so you don't go every year. I will stay almost three weeks and I'm so looking forward to that. Also my nieces will come and my nieces son (what is that to me?)

Most of the times I've been over I have been there for Easter and so is the case this year too. So I will go to Jo's school for Easter egg hunt which I remember was very funny. I will write and tell you when I'm in place.
I start from Arlanda at 7 AM Wednesday morning and will be in LA the same day at 3PM after travelling 17 hours! So the first day I'm always a bit tired but I will try to stay up because the sooner you get in the right timezone. (It's 9 hours time difference).


So now you know what I'm doing this weekend. I hope you all have a good one :-)

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...