Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

A New Year and still snowing

Our New Year's Eve was so nice. Good food, good friends, good wines and champagne and lots of laughter and fun. Just as it should be. But when we were getting ready to go out on the balcony to watch all the fireworks it snowed so much you hardly could see anything. Also rather windy so we decided to sit in the snugroom instead watching the few we saw from the warmth inside. Just as nice and much cosier.



Photos from New Year's Eve. From top champagne in the snugroom when they came. Happy Mia and Krister in hats. Inger kissing Hasse still happy in hats. The dessert - chocolatefondant with raspberries and whipped cream.

New Year's Day we slept a bit longer and we just had a lazy day watching films, sleeping a bit and eating. Very nice except that at night when I was out walking Hilma she suddenly pulled hard and made me fall on the street. Normally I wouldn't have but the street was so full of snow which made it very hard to keep balance.
They hadn't cleared the street then (they didn't do that until next day). Luckily I didn't break anything but I have bruises and I hurt my arm and leg. Must have looked funny though.

I was out today and took some photos to show you. The first one is from our front garden and the last is an icetap which is at our frontdoor. Do you want to be here? I don't love too hot weather and if it's going to be winter it's better it looks like this anyway rather than having the black ice weather. That I hate. But I hope we won't have this as long as we had last winter.



Take care everyone out there and if you're on the road here in Sweden - drive carefully!!

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

Oh my God

The Christmas smorgasbord I just realized I haven't written anything since November 23! But I can tell you I haven't been lazy but there has been so much going on that I haven't had the strength to write. I had meetings that week and I was supposed to be at a conference hotel for lunch that Friday but I was to tired I had to cancel it. So instead I baked safron buns (!) and made chocolate troufles with ginger.  The ferry On December 1 it was Staffan's birthday (Hasse's oldest son) and I worked and worked at my job. Thursday I and Hasse were supposed to go to the theatre and see Come again Charlie, which was one of my birthday presents - thank you Pär and Brita. But Hasse wasn't feeling well so instead I asked Linnea, my bonus grand daughter if she wanted to go and she was very happy that I asked. We had a really good time and the play, which was a comedy, was funny but also with a message which made you laugh and then stop. It was about the si...