Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

December 15 - only 9 days until Christmas Eve

What have I done since I last wrote? Well, the last thing I wrote was actually just a recipe.
On Saturday the 4th we had Christmas party with the Rheumatic association which was very nice.
Good food and good entertainment. But this year there were fewer that came than last year. This has been a fact all year long. Not so many attendants at our meetings. I have tried to figure out why. I think the fact that many sick people get outinsured which means they don't get any money anymore but must try working. In some cases this has been totally devestating!! People with serious cancer forced out to apply for work, people that can't walk nor manage on their own also forced to get a job. This is a new rule. You can be sick for 1 year and in special cases this can get prolonged for another year (I think it is. I don't have the exact dates). Then you have to try to get into the workinglife for 3 months and after that you can get you a doctor's certificate for another year.
One should think the doctors are more qualified to know if a person is sick or not?!?!
Anyway this has meant that a lot of people now don't have the time, money or the strength to attend meetings. A very sad development indeed :-(

The ones who did attend had a good time and that's the most important. This is the Lucia from the party.

Week 49 was good. Started quietly and then on Wednesday I got my hair cut and dyed which was something I really needed.

On Thursday Dec 9, my Mom's namesday by the way Anna, I went to the Opera to see Norma with my friend Carina. She has this autumn celebrated her 50th birthday so she wanted to treat me to dinner (!) We went to an Italian restaurant and had the most delicious meal before heading to the Opera. In this Opera my former doctor's daughter made her debut at the Royal Opera in Stockholm. She was outstanding and in fact I think she got the most applause of them all incl. the tenor who I didn't like. I loved the opera, the music and everything about the story.
Paulina Pfeiffer (borrowed photo from the Opera)
She has a wonderful, lyric, warm sopranovoice. And she has a great expression on stage.
 
On Friday it was Nobel-day with all the gala that includes. And the big speculation here in Sweden now is whether our CrownPrincess Victoria is pregnant or not. Her dress did had a cut that could hide a growing stomach :-)
What do you think? Her bust is much bigger but judge for yourself. The result if any will show in due time.
On Saturday I went to visit my Mom and tried to decorate for Christmas. We also had coffee with safronbun, of course, and I had bought some nice chocolate, a new tablecloth with Christmas motive and so on. She was quite happy with that. I also bought a cushion that said God Jul (Merry Christmas).


I have to show you a photo I took of Hilma. She looks so totally relaxed and content. Sorry for the dark photo.
Then on Sunday I cooked for my work. I made Bouf Bourgoignon and Gotlands safronpancake with whipped cream and a special kind of jam from Gotland. Tasted great if I may say so. This is a photo of the dessert.
I also baked a lot of safronbuns because the ones I baked for the Advent party was finished.

On Monday it was Lucia so I was at work already at 6.25 and lit cressets, made hot glögg and I had also bought specially Lucia gingerbread. So when my workmates arrived I served them this. And then I had my lunch. It was a great day!!
On Tuesday I went to Systembolaget (the store where we buy alcohol) to buy all the wines needed for the Christmasparty on Friday (with my work)
Can you guess what we are doing?? We are cooking!! We go to a place where we make a 3-course gourmetdinner which we then eat. We bring our own wine which goes well to the dishes. Should be fun.

Today I have been to Norrtälje to see my friend Anne and have some treatments and of course lunch. Do you know what we had? Yes, you are so right - chantarellesoup :-) We had a really good time and I gave her a welldeserved Christmasgift. She gives so much to me that I want to give her something to show my appreciation.

Tomorrow I'm off to see my Dr. I hope I'm quite OK but you never know :-)
Jonas is leaving tomorrow for Austria. He is to play with Jimi Jamisson again at a gig in Salbach on something called Skicirkus. If you are in the neigbourhood go and see them. You won't regret it!!

That's it for now I think. Next week of course filled with Christmas :-) Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck

Peter and his wife Toshimi. A lovely couple. Me and Helen before the show. LADIES NIGHT Yesterday me and my sister H went to Uppsala to see Ladies night. Have you ever been on one you know what I'm talking about. For you others who haven't yet experienced this I can tell you it's 2500 women and 0 men in the au dience. But on stage there is only men and what men!! One goodlooking guy after another. When we arrived we had champagne and white wine and different kinds of shellfish which wasn't that good but we ate and drank and had fun. For dessert we had a wonderful chocolatecake with raspberrysauce. During dinner Daniel Da Silva taught us to dance Marengo and Disco from the 80s. A lot of fun when everyone stood up and danced. After that a songcompetition and singalong. Finally at 9 the main event. Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck and Henrik Hjelt entered the stage. A 2 hour show with full steem all the way. Lots of sex hints of course but also ver

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sibbarpsrevyn, Ballon dance and conference

My sister Jo sent me this link to a very funny performance by Sibbarpsrevyn. How she can find this in LA I don't know ;-) Watch and enjoy :-) Sibbarpsrevyn   I will send something right back to her and that is our famous "The Ballon dance" The original was with Lars Åberg, Sven Melander and one other which I don't remember. They performed in a TV-show called Nöjesmaskinen "The Enterteinment machine" and was so funny. This version which I found on youtube is from a show called Diggiloo that performs outdoors in the summer all over Sweden. And as you can see we have this wonderful summer weather here ;-) This was, I think, 3 years ago and we must have had a very rainy summer. Watch this, enjoy and tell me what you think :-) Ballongdansen Otherwise I have been on the chairmen conference today and I'm so very tired but it was so good and give so much but now I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the weekend, be lazy and chill ;-)