Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Linner

Mandy, Jonas, Hasse and Sofie
Tired after dinner?
Hasse and Sofie
Yes, today we had "linner" (like I told you yesterday = lunch/dinner) with Jonas, his girlfriend Mandy and her Mom Sofie. Always so nice to meet them but it's far too seldom.

Today I made a smoke-cured loin of pork/chicken fillet gratin that also included paprikas, mushroms, leek, sambal oelek, chili, cream and more. Very yummie if I may say so myself :-)
I served potatoes and a green salad with it. For starters a favourite once again - asparagus soup with broschetta. And for dessert chocolatemousse with whipped cream.
Very good all of it but the sad thing is that you get so tired after eating. We did eat for about 3 hours though so we took it slow and easy.I really like this photo of me and Inger on New Year's Eve. Thanks Tracy

Now I'm preparing for tomorrow, it's back to work. I'm very curious to see if there are any more applications for the course that starts January 25 which is kind of a deal breaker. Should we stay or should we go. I do have my eyes open for other job opportunities since it's not a very safe one that I have now. If you know any halftime job where they need an efficient econom/administrator/conferencehostess and more please let me know.

Words of wisdom: There are two reasons why people do what they do. One good reason and the real reason.



Kommentarer

  1. Mamma Mia,
    I love that photo of us. It contains pure love.
    Hugs and kisses // Inger

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...