Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Nobel prizeday


Today it's 10th December and as usual Nobel Prize. I first watched the peaceprize being awarded President Obama and I noticed he too is lefthanded :-).
He held a beautiful speach, he's really a good speaker. Even the Crownprincess of Norway was moved to tears.

Directly after that I started baking safronbuns - yes, again!! I can't help people like them so much. Even though I make double the amount it still just dissapears. So after being baking for 3 hours I immediately started dinner. We have a tradition and that is we eat nobel dinner here. I cook something good and we eat by the diningtable in the livingroom with candle lights and nice porcellain.

Today I had avocado with shrimps, dill and lemon for starter. Main course was fillet of beef with bearnaisesauce, pommes de croques and tomatoesalad, yummie. We were to have dessert as well but we were so full we couldn't eat it. We can have it tomorrow instead, fruitsallad with whipped cream.

Tomorrow I have to bake cookies for the Christmas party with the Rheumatic association on Saturday and then the hairdresser. I have vacation tomorrow, yeah!

Kommentarer

  1. Dang... that sounds like a nice dinner indeed. Almost wish I had been there :)

    SvaraRadera
  2. I didn't know that you had a tradition to have a special dinner on Nobel prize day. I didn't even know the prize was given on Dec. 10 every year. I did know that President Obama recieved the prize, so I'm not completely in a bubble! It sounds like a really nice dinner.

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

Weekend with H.E.A.T in London

I just got back late last night from London where I spent the weekend with rock'n roll. My main purpose was of course to see H.E.A.T play at O2 Academy Islington London on Saturday. But why not combi ne that with holiday I thought. So me, my sister H and her daughter B as well as Jona's girlfriend M all went. We stayed at this superluxurious ho tel in Holborn Renaissance Chancery court. We had clubroom which gave us a ccess to a Club lounge that offered complimentary meals like continental breakfast, tea/coffe, drinks throughout the day, evening meal and desserts. In our prize was al so an English breakfast in the Pearl restaurant which ordinary cost £24.50! But it was worth it. On Friday evening we went to see "We will ro ck you" with music by Queen. What a musical!!! They talk about Mamma Mia but this one - I don't know but I it's probably better. I got goosebumps all over when the audience at the end starting singing Bohemian Rhapsody, what a feeling. I co...