Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Great weekend and a hoarse voice :-)





I have had a great weekend in Örebro with Champions of Rock, hotel, dinner and the company of my lovely sister.

We started from Upplands Väsby midday and after a 2 1/2 hour drive we approached Örebro. We saw this big sign saying Conventum, Söder (south) in a mile, and that's where we should go off the highway. But no more sign saying Conventum or south so we continued driving but after a while we realized we were getting out of town again so first exit we went off and tried to turn around but almost ended up in another highway. Finally we were on the way again and when we now came from the south there was a big sign saying Conventum, city south so off we went.
Those of you in Örebro that does the signs, please alter the one where it just say West not south!!!

Anyway we reached the hotel and wanted to go out on town. It was now around 3.15PM and they said the shops were closed. Closed? on a Saturday afternoon? One mall might be opened, the receptionist said, but only until 4PM?! We are used to shops being open at least until 6PM or more. So dissapointing but instead we went to our room and relaxed. Soon it was time to find somewhere to eat and we ended up at the hotel after a walk on town where several restaurants were full already. We took a glass of champagne and Helen ordered pasta of the day and I a club sandwich with currysauce. The only problem was that when the food finally came they had made a mistake and I also got a plate of pasta of the day. It was paprikasauce and I can't eat that so that's why I went with another dish. So even more waiting before I finally got my food. Then I was so hungry that I could only eat a little.

Have you ever felt that? You are so hungry (I hadn't eaten all day except for a bowl of yoghurt) and when you finally get food you're full? I can't understand that but I function like that. It would be funny to hear if someone else have had that feeling.

Then off to the show. The venue was right beside the hotel so only like 5 meters to go :-)
Our seats were the best in the house, row 1 just in front of the stage and so close we almost could touch the artists. And then it began. What a show!! I just love Queen's music and with a singer like Peter Johansson, who played Galileo in We will rock you, in London for 2 years, what can be wrong? He has such a range in his voice which you wouldn't believe just looking at him. He was backed up by Nina Söderquist a lovely friend who played Lady of the Lake in Spamalot in London. She's a gifted singer with a rocktone in her voice and lots of comedy in her vains. She's not afraid showing emotions and has a very expressive mimic. Also backing up Peter was Kerry Ellis, a great musical artist who has played the role of Meatloaf in We will rock you as well as other great roles in West End. What a voice in that tiny body.
Those three was backed up by superskilled musicians all from England and a choir that was great.

I was completely happy the whole time and at the end when everybody stood up and sang We will rock you, We are the Champions and The show must go on, I had chills down my spine and I really truly sang and danced with the consequence that yesterday my voice was very very hoarse and it still is. A bit better but far from good. But it was worth it I can tell you.
The final song was I want it all and at that point the audience sang like one and it couldn't have ended in a better way.

Afterwards we met with Nina and Peter and I had brought a bottle of wine each for them and for Nina also photos from when she performed at the cruiseship to Helsinki. Already then Hasse and I said she would be a star. And we were right. We are also friends on Facebook and MySpace and have been "talking" for a couple of years but this was the first time we met "live". And she was just as nice as I thought.
I'm also friend with Peter and we had a chat and I said I really hope he will play Galileo if the musical comes to Sweden and it will so I will keep my fingers crossed for that.

After a hellnight with a bed that was hard as a stone and with a bedmattrass that was thin as paper. I wonder if every room was like that? we went down to have breakfast and the hotel was so full so we had to stand in line to get something to eat. When we had finished we went out but on the way out I saw Peter, his wife and their baby so I stopped and talked to them. He has the most beautiful little babygirl with the name Milli Grace. He introduced me to his wife as the mother of the keyboardist in H.E.A.T. It turned out he had voted for them at the Melodifestivalen. Good taste!

So after that we were ready to return home and by 3PM I was home again after a lovely weekend. Thank you Helen for driving so good and for the company, lovely as ever.
Now we have Hairspray to look forward to and also Christmas concert in Linköping later this year.

Today I have worked like h..ll and tomorrow I'm going to have lessons with the students in marketing, bookkeeping that is in my field. Very exciting but fun.

Kommentarer

  1. Jodå, jag har också märkt det ...att man blir så hungrig att man blir mätt :) ... Det är nog då kroppen tar av sina energireserver och när det händer är man ju inte hungrig längre (dvs, kroppen "käkar" av fettet man lagrat)

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck

Peter and his wife Toshimi. A lovely couple. Me and Helen before the show. LADIES NIGHT Yesterday me and my sister H went to Uppsala to see Ladies night. Have you ever been on one you know what I'm talking about. For you others who haven't yet experienced this I can tell you it's 2500 women and 0 men in the au dience. But on stage there is only men and what men!! One goodlooking guy after another. When we arrived we had champagne and white wine and different kinds of shellfish which wasn't that good but we ate and drank and had fun. For dessert we had a wonderful chocolatecake with raspberrysauce. During dinner Daniel Da Silva taught us to dance Marengo and Disco from the 80s. A lot of fun when everyone stood up and danced. After that a songcompetition and singalong. Finally at 9 the main event. Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck and Henrik Hjelt entered the stage. A 2 hour show with full steem all the way. Lots of sex hints of course but also ver

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sibbarpsrevyn, Ballon dance and conference

My sister Jo sent me this link to a very funny performance by Sibbarpsrevyn. How she can find this in LA I don't know ;-) Watch and enjoy :-) Sibbarpsrevyn   I will send something right back to her and that is our famous "The Ballon dance" The original was with Lars Åberg, Sven Melander and one other which I don't remember. They performed in a TV-show called Nöjesmaskinen "The Enterteinment machine" and was so funny. This version which I found on youtube is from a show called Diggiloo that performs outdoors in the summer all over Sweden. And as you can see we have this wonderful summer weather here ;-) This was, I think, 3 years ago and we must have had a very rainy summer. Watch this, enjoy and tell me what you think :-) Ballongdansen Otherwise I have been on the chairmen conference today and I'm so very tired but it was so good and give so much but now I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the weekend, be lazy and chill ;-)