Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Dinnerparty


Yesterday we had our friends over for dinner. We had a wonderful time and chat and laughter was hear loud and clear :-)

We started off on 1st floor in Hasse's newly decorated bar and computerroom where we served champagne with salami, cheese and "tunnbrödrullar"thin flat unleavened bread filled with deermeat and cheese or garliccheese and ham. Very good.

Then we headed down for the starter which was shrimpcocktail consisting of different kinds of sallat, avocado, lots of shrimps and a sauce of yoghurt, sour cream, dill, lemonjuice, curry, salt and pepper. Very good.

The main course was a bouf bourgonion which I had made already on Friday. I served pototaos, baby carrots and haricot verts to go with it. (See photo)

I didn't made any special dessert but during the week I had baked a lot for the students and some were left so with the coffee I served two different kinds of cookies as well as Swedish whisky, Mackmyra and liqueur 43.

Many laughter later we finished the evening at around 10.30 PM which was perfect since we started rather early at 5PM.

This night we also changed our time to wintertime meaning that we had one hour extra sleep this morning. This is probably the best about this stupid timechanging that we get an extra hourDid you remember to set the clock??


One big advantage with being expecting is that you know where you have them..:-)

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...