Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Work and sunshine, IDOL



It has been rather cold the last nights and we have had frost! In September! That is way too early and I refuse to wear socks before October :-)
But the nightsky is just beautiful when it's so clear and brisk air. The moon is half and shines like a big flashlight and there is that star beside the moon, I don't know the name but it's so big and clear. Anyone knows the name of it?
Even here in Upplands Väsby you can see a lot of stars at night and I just love walking Hilma at night this time of year, before the ice comes.

But the days have been filled with sunshine and if the mornings start with -1 or -2C the day temperature goes as high as 18-19C which is great.

I have a lot to do at work now. On Monday our next class comes in and we are having the class at our own conference room. There are only 5 of them and we can do it and thus save money. We have a beautiful kitchen and lounge area where we will have coffebreaks. I will make the sandwiches myself and I will also bake some yummie cookies for the afternoon coffe. We will take care of them and make it "mysigt" so they will remember this course with happiness.

I am now making the compendium from which they will learn. I'm copying and filing and the copymachine went crazy and we were not on speaking terms when I left :-) I hope "he" is feeling better tomorrow. I suppose he had to work too hard and he didn't like that.

Today Emil was here for dinner which was very nice. I made "korv Stroganoff à la Mia" which is very good, if I might say so myself. The secret of that dish is garlic.

Tomorrow Jonas and Mandy is coming over for dinner and I'm thinking Shephards pie. What do you think about that?

Now I will soon have my "resttime" and watch A place in the sun. That is my time of day to relax and just be. I often fall asleep for a while but it doesn't matter because I sleep at night as well.
Then later it's Idol and so far I really like the ones that have been voted to the Friday qualifying final. Curious of the boys tonight. Their photo is up on the page.

Have a nice evening, lillördag, and take care wherever you are :-)

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...