Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Doctor's appointment

Today I went to see my doctor. My asthma wasn't that good and I also discovered my curve looked like COL which isn't good.

He thinks my aches right now in the shoulder and the swolling I had on my wrist and foot before is due to my situation. Also the fact that I have gained weight without eating more is due to this. As I might have said before my body is made for the stoneage and not modern times. I asked my doctor if they had a pill I could get to make my body realize we are in the 21th century but he only laughed :-)). So I have to live with this until my situation gets calmer and my body finally will realize there is no war nor any danger. I will however take a cortison-cure that is start with 30 mg and slowly go down til zero. And I also got a new medicine Cymbalta which is supposed to take away pain and also in a small way tell my body it's modern times now ;-) I sure hope it will work.

Mom is worse again and I think it's because the trauma of felling out of her bed and breaking her hand as well as dislocate something in the hand (they didn't tell me exactly). They did of course take her to the hospital for X-rays and plaster but today she got worse and wouldn't go out of bed and she couldn't communicate with them.
They then wanted to take her to hospital but I said NO. She is to stay where she knows the staff and where she feels safe. This is her way of dealing with the pain. And I told the nurse that she's like a baby unable to communicate what's wrong with her.
Aren't trained nurses supposed to know these things??? Is it really my role as relative to tell them how to treat my Mom. They just gave her Alvedon!! For a broken and dislocated hand??? Anyone with common sense could tell that this wouldn't be enough. So now she's on morphine. Finally and maybe now she can be calm and without pain.

I wonder how everyone that doesn't have any relatives close. What kind of treatment do they get?? I hope my boys will speak for me when or if I'm not able to myself.

Take care, Love you all (you know who you are)

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...