Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Cruise with Cinderella

Yes, I'm going on a conference cruise with Cinderella together with the Rheumatic association.
I hope it isn't too windy. We will meet with the Aland rheumatic association tomorrow to compare notes. After that a guided tour around Mariehamn something I did myself for almost 10 years as a tourleader but I haven't been to the mainland of Aland in many years so it should be fun.

Something that is very sad is that Olle is in Intensive care with no hope. The doctor called me today while I was on my way down to see him before I go on the conference. The doctor said there is no hope now and that I should call relatives if they wanted to see him. So I have said my goodbyes and my sister and mother is on the way down now. He was so small, he had like shrunk the last few days and it was very hard to hear what he had to say. He told me to be nice and take care of mother and that my sister and I should stick together and be as close as we are now.
He also told me to say hi to my sons and that I should be proud of all of them because they are good boys.

Maybe you think I don't take this seriously since I'm going on the cruise despite the situation but I am. I had many thoughts before I decided to go and I'm on my cellphone all the time and if he's still here tomorrow night I will go there again.

This is life - birth, death but still life goes on and has to. It's hard and I think about this a lot.

Kommentarer

  1. So sorry to hear about this. I wish you great strength.

    SvaraRadera
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Stay strong, Mia. I'm thinking about you.
    Love
    Sandy

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...