Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

April fools day



It's already April. What happened? How come time flies so fast these days? Is it because I'm getting older or maybe because you do so many things that it seems like it's flying?

I manage to stay out of being a fool on April fools day which is an achievment because many tried :-)

Yesterday my Mom turned 85! Can you believe that? I went there today with D and we celebrated her in big style with a big flower boquet, presents but we spared her from our singing.
We had a little cakeparty with the other guests at the home and the staff. Coffee and great cakes, one with rasberries and whipped cream, the other one "Princess cake" which is with a lid of green marcipan.

The photos is from the coffeparty. Mom is looking good I think for 85. O in the background and he's also looking good going on 77.

This weekend will be rather quiet, nothing planned so just relax and maybe go for a walk in the sunshine. They have promised us good weather this weekend with temp. around 15C and sunshine and I would imagine it will be something like 20C in the sunshine then.

We are still looking for flats but nothing we wants is for sale. So stressful when we really are on a move now.

On April 1 (no not a fools game) our grandson became Swedish master in icehockey or rather his team Brynäs became SM champions for J20 teams in Sweden. That is really an achievment and he is on his way to play with the national team for J19 in a 5-nations tournament in Russia week 16. He's very good and hopefully he will be able to make a career out of it. His dream is, of course, NHL and USA. He graduates in June and then we have to see what happens.

My very productive nieces have commit to write something every day of April. I commend it even if I don't think I will try but I will certainly read all they write. I just love when they write thus being able to in a small way follow their lives. It's the same with J and M. Their thoughts and what happens to them is real joy for me. So keep it up guys :-)

Happy and peaceful weekend to everyone

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

Oh my God

The Christmas smorgasbord I just realized I haven't written anything since November 23! But I can tell you I haven't been lazy but there has been so much going on that I haven't had the strength to write. I had meetings that week and I was supposed to be at a conference hotel for lunch that Friday but I was to tired I had to cancel it. So instead I baked safron buns (!) and made chocolate troufles with ginger.  The ferry On December 1 it was Staffan's birthday (Hasse's oldest son) and I worked and worked at my job. Thursday I and Hasse were supposed to go to the theatre and see Come again Charlie, which was one of my birthday presents - thank you Pär and Brita. But Hasse wasn't feeling well so instead I asked Linnea, my bonus grand daughter if she wanted to go and she was very happy that I asked. We had a really good time and the play, which was a comedy, was funny but also with a message which made you laugh and then stop. It was about the si...