Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Already Sunday

Time goes so fast and now yet another week has gone by.

I had a meeting on Wednesday at my former work where all of us who don't have a new job yet met. Most of us have a year salary without no obligation to work (since our work is no longer) but we have to attend these meetings in order to get paid. It's to show that we are available and ready to work. Anyway out of 250 people that lost their jobs January 1 only 26 has new jobs 4 months later! And they say that's a good number? I think it shows how the situation is right now.

Saturday I finally come around and got my hair cut and dyed, long overdue. So now I'm ready for spring :-)

Today I have been to visit my Mom and Dad and I went shopping for them before, as I usually do, because Dad wants beer to drink at dinner and also he loves nuts. Mom always want candy so I always buy it to her.
Mom wasn't that well today, neither was Dad. Mom fell out of her bed two days ago in the middle of the night and couldn't come up nor could she call for help so she lied there until the staff came in the morning. I think she was chocked because she was still very shaky. I talked to a nurse and she will go to the doctor this week and she wants me to come as well which I will of course.
Dad felt sick and didn't want to eat. I stayed for 4 hours and they never wanted me to go but I think they felt a bit better. We had such an interesting and oh so necessary talk about funerals and how they wanted theirs.
We usually don't talk about that like we are to live forever but it's not fair to your loved ones when you're gone and you haven't told them anything how you want your funeral. I know they say you're not there but can you be sure? I for one have already written down how I want it to be.

Enough of that now. Tomorrow I'm going to see my friend Anne in Norrtälje for some treatment and our usual lunch at One glass and of course Chantarelle soup.

By the way I have lost 9 pounds since I started my GI-diet and I'm quite happy with that. I just hope it will continue. I need to be extremely strict and don't eat too many carbo hydrates but I need to eat more fat.

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday :-)

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...