Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

H.E.A.T on their way

Yesterday we had a kind of farewell dinner for Jona and M before he took off on H.E.A.T's European tour. We had a very nice time together me, E, H, Jona and M.
I had made fillet provencale with potatoe gratin with lots of garlic, to go with it I served asparagus and a green salat. For dessert just a icecreamcake.

Today has been quiet and calm. It's getting warmer outside and it also snowed for a while. I just took in my suitcase that I'm going to have when we go to London. It is so much fun around this. I get to know a lot of H.E.A.T fans throughout the world which is fascinating. I will meet up with two of them in London. We have been emailing each other a lot lately so it will be very nice to see them "live".

You can watch them here as well since I filmed their rehearsal gig in Jakobsberg on Saturday.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with the Rheumatic association and H has a hospital appointment to do some tests. He's also going to the thorax department on Friday and next week and I do hope they will find out what's wrong with him besides RA.

Did I tell you that Mom set her flat at the elderly home on fire? She did! Apparantly she had put on the eletric cooker and on top of that was a roll of kitchen paper which cought fire. Mom then tried to put it out by throwing something (I don't know what it was) over the fire. The consequence being that it burnt even more. The staff was very quick since the firealarm went off so they put out the fire and when the firemen came they just checked that everything was put out.
Mom couldn't stay though since it had been full of smoke it had to be open and they also needed to do some serious decontamination so she was moved to another flat in the same house.
I'm very lucky nothing worse happened and Mom is allright!

Today's quote: Every day of your life is a page in your history




Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...