Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Back home again

I'm sorry I haven't written since the party Thursday night but I have been on this course in Nynashamn and I didn't have access to a computer.

I drove down to Nynashamn on Friday with two other ladies from the Rheumatic association who I picked up outside their homes.
We came down in good time to get our rooms and gather before dinner which by the way is excellent at Nynasgarden. For starter we had a Gazpacho soup with grilled prawns on a toast. It was very very good. Main course was a vealentrecôte with baked potatoe and a winesauce.

This was on Saturday which was a very long day with lot of lectures. Since we are many different associations represented among them blind, deaf, epileptic, heart- and lung disease, mental illnesses and more a lot of things can happen. And yesterday it did. Two of our participants had epileptic attack first one in the middle of class and the other in the evening. That was also more serious because they had to call ambulance and she was then taken to hospital where she stayed overnight. Today she could leave the hospital and is now back home.

After dinner last night we had a cultural event which turned out to be the director of the hotel who played guitar and had a music quiz with us. It was so fun! I was the teamleader of my team - the Dandelions and we lost with one point although we thought we should have won by one :-)

We have learned a lot but it has also been hard and I'm so very tired now.

I can tell you one very exciting thing though. H.E.A.T was voted "Newcomers of the Year" in Sweden in a radioprogram.
They got their prize yesterday evening at Tyrol and it was to play at Sweden Rock festival next year.

Tomorrow it's back to work again as usual and in the afternoon I hope I can go to the Qigong.

I was very excited to read about M and T's adventure at Long Beach airport. I will watch that episode of Extreme makeover home edition for sure.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

Weekend with H.E.A.T in London

I just got back late last night from London where I spent the weekend with rock'n roll. My main purpose was of course to see H.E.A.T play at O2 Academy Islington London on Saturday. But why not combi ne that with holiday I thought. So me, my sister H and her daughter B as well as Jona's girlfriend M all went. We stayed at this superluxurious ho tel in Holborn Renaissance Chancery court. We had clubroom which gave us a ccess to a Club lounge that offered complimentary meals like continental breakfast, tea/coffe, drinks throughout the day, evening meal and desserts. In our prize was al so an English breakfast in the Pearl restaurant which ordinary cost £24.50! But it was worth it. On Friday evening we went to see "We will ro ck you" with music by Queen. What a musical!!! They talk about Mamma Mia but this one - I don't know but I it's probably better. I got goosebumps all over when the audience at the end starting singing Bohemian Rhapsody, what a feeling. I co...