Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Livorno, Italy

I have really tried to write on this blog but the ship's computer isn't working like it should, sea sick :-) so now I'm ashore and in an internet place. We have been walking now for one hour pointed here and there and noone seemed to know where we should go, isn't that typically Italian?
Yesterday we were in Pompeji walking around the ruins in 33C and sunshine. It was hot I can tell you. Very interesting though to see all that advanced technology they used already 79AD. Afterwards it was lunch and then into the pool.

Tunisia was even worse, hotwise I mean, so we just went ashore to see the camels, hihi and then back on deck.

Tonight we had the worst thunderstorm with thunder and lightning so I just sat in our chair in the cabin watching the spectacular views. Even this morning it continued but now it's just raining a bit. I sure hope it will clear up and that we will have a nice day tomorrow in France.

Write more when I get my hands on a computer.

Kommentarer

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...