Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Upplands Väsby under siege, TV4, H.E.A.T

This week and especially yesterday and today we are under siege. Why? Because there is this big conference on Iraq that is held here in Upplands Väsby just a couple of hundred meters from my home. The general secretary of UN, the foreign minister from Iraq and USA's Condoleesa Rice is here together with 600 other delegates from 90 delegations. It's total chaos in Stockholm and here. Street has been closed down and are now guarded by 1700 polices (at least that's a figure they mention here). I'm going down to do my shopping and hopefully I will be able to but you can't be sure because there are also demonstrations going on. Tonight they are all going to Rosersberg's castle (where I work) for dinner or maybe just mingle, I really don't know, with the King. They will close off the area around the castle at noon, which should be right about now. So even we who works there need permission to go inside. They have built this huge floor as well as a house on the back of the castle at Hogland's terrace. They (I don't know who they are) have also placed so called "Bajamajor" which is a kind of toilet that can be moved. But they are not near the onces we "ordinary" people uses on concerts and so on. These ones are huge and smell good.
It's kind of fun that our little tiny suburb are being in the middle of attention like this although it does influence your daily life.
Yesterday I was at an interview for a job. I put out my CV on some jobsites on internet and this Monday one recruiting company called and wanted me in for a jobinterview after seeing my CV on one of the sites. I put it out there because I thought it would be hard for me getting a new job. As I've said before my job is closing down December 31 and I will get notice so I thought I'd better do something now if it would take long before finding a new one.
Anyway I went there and she was very nice and they were very interested. In fact she wanted me to have that job but I hesitated. I wasn't really prepared yet so I said in the autumn. She will call back then. The pay they offered were 3.500 SEK more than I have now (I only work half-time due to my Sjogren's) which is very good.
H.E.A.T is rehearsing now and next week it's time for Sweden Rock festival. I hope it will be their breakthrow on a big front. I so much would like to see them on TV perhaps Sommarkrysset on TV4. That would be great!! A tip for you TV4 :-)
My lucky moment today was really yesterday after being on the interview.
Now I'm going for a walk with Hilma in the lovely weather.
Just wanted to show you this photo which shows the kind of light we are having now at 10PM. But it's still getting lighter so I will take a new one in two weeks time so you can see the difference. Isn't this light though?

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck

Peter and his wife Toshimi. A lovely couple. Me and Helen before the show. LADIES NIGHT Yesterday me and my sister H went to Uppsala to see Ladies night. Have you ever been on one you know what I'm talking about. For you others who haven't yet experienced this I can tell you it's 2500 women and 0 men in the au dience. But on stage there is only men and what men!! One goodlooking guy after another. When we arrived we had champagne and white wine and different kinds of shellfish which wasn't that good but we ate and drank and had fun. For dessert we had a wonderful chocolatecake with raspberrysauce. During dinner Daniel Da Silva taught us to dance Marengo and Disco from the 80s. A lot of fun when everyone stood up and danced. After that a songcompetition and singalong. Finally at 9 the main event. Peter Stormare, Martin Stenmarck and Henrik Hjelt entered the stage. A 2 hour show with full steem all the way. Lots of sex hints of course but also ver

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sibbarpsrevyn, Ballon dance and conference

My sister Jo sent me this link to a very funny performance by Sibbarpsrevyn. How she can find this in LA I don't know ;-) Watch and enjoy :-) Sibbarpsrevyn   I will send something right back to her and that is our famous "The Ballon dance" The original was with Lars Åberg, Sven Melander and one other which I don't remember. They performed in a TV-show called Nöjesmaskinen "The Enterteinment machine" and was so funny. This version which I found on youtube is from a show called Diggiloo that performs outdoors in the summer all over Sweden. And as you can see we have this wonderful summer weather here ;-) This was, I think, 3 years ago and we must have had a very rainy summer. Watch this, enjoy and tell me what you think :-) Ballongdansen Otherwise I have been on the chairmen conference today and I'm so very tired but it was so good and give so much but now I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the weekend, be lazy and chill ;-)