Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Monday and workday

It seems like the weekends go so fast. It's Friday and then it's Monday. We have had a standstill at my work now, on the computer program I work in, since last Tuesday! It's crazy and I haven't been able to do hardly anything. That's really a waste of workforce I think. I mean why couldn't they have done that in the summer when noone hardly uses the programs. No, in the middle of hectic work they (the head office) decides that we shall upgrade. I certainly hope the program will work tomorrow because my work has been building up.
It has been a very warm almost day almost like thunder in the air. I woke up with a heahache and haven't been able to get rid of it.
There is a lot of action going on right now. Both here in Upplands Väsby but also at my work in Rosersberg. This is due to the big conference on Iraq which is held here and the reception afterwards is held at Rosersberg's castle which is where I work. Well, not at the castle itself although I used to sit in the Frökenflygeln (the Miss's wing) which was very special. In my room I had a tile stove made by the famous Marieberg. It was just lovely with all the atmosphere that was between those walls. At nights when I worked late I could even here someone walking around (no one left except me) which was kind of scary.
It used to be the home of Queen Desideria, who was the first Queen of the house of Bernadotte. It still is the King's castle although he doesn't use it that much but on the reception for all the delegates he will attend.
There are so many polices both there and here and the security is very high. For instance they will shut down a road and a bridge and we will not be able to drive where we usually do. Well, I hope everything goes well.
My lucky moment today sitting outside having tea in the afternoon enjoying the beautiful weather.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...