Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Back to normal

I'm back to normal again. Both regarding my sleeping habits and also all the work both at work but also with my parents. O is back at Tumba shorttimestay although he didn't want to go back there. He really dislikes it and I can certainly understand why. Did I write about what had happened to his clothes? I don't remember. But anyway while he was at Huddinge amputating his leg I called Tumba and asked them what they would do with his clothes. They said they will pack and store them until they know what to do with them.
I had weeks earlier been to a store and bought him all new clothes since he has lost so much weight that all his old clothes were way to big for him.
When I was in La Mirada I suddenly got a call from my sister H who said that they had thrown O's clothes!! I just shouted WHAT? Apparantly the janitor had just thrown them. I was so angry when I heard that but since I was far away it was little I could do. Now this week I called the woman who is responsible for this home. She said she was so sorry but it wasn't his meaning to throw the clothes away. (I would hope not!) They should of course compensate us so we can buy new things.
The thing is I just bought them! And it really takes some time to do that and time is what we have the least of. Well, I suppose I will have to take a day off and go shopping again. Maybe they have a safe or something where O can keep his clothes :-).
Tomorrow G is coming. It was a long time since I saw her. I have misse
d our talks and her treatment.
Saturday we are going out for dinner with our good friends K and J. We are celebrating H's birthday and bit belated.
Then on Monday I'm going with Mom to Huddinge hospital for her meeting with the professor on her memory training to see how far her Alzheimer's have progressed.

Back to my trip. Thursday May 1 we went to Universal studios (this photo is taken there). It was so awesome. I especially liked the studio tour, which we took two times. I didn't like standing in line so I upgraded us all to First Lanes which meant we didn't have to wait and there were always the best seats on the shows.
On the studio tour we experienced both King Kong as well as an earthquake 8,3, a flooding, Wisteria lane, The Mummy and more. We also went to see Special effects show. That was really something else. To see how they actually do it.

T thought the first trip was kind of scary and so did I (parts of it anyway). That's why we took a second time so we knew what to expect.
We had planned to stay until 2PM but time really flies when you're having fun so we didn't start our way back until 5 or 6PM.

This photo is from J's school. I went there once to have lunch, then this day to help her clean the classroom for Open house and that's when I took this photo. They are practising on their Nursery rhymes which they did very well. Her kids this year is really a bit noisy. My head was completely empty by the end of the day. I certainly understand J wanting to have a rest when she comes home. I also attended the Open house next day which was kind of fun because you got to see the parents and siblings to the kids. I really enjoyed the stays but I'm glad I didn't choose that job. I admire people, and especially J,who is excellent with her kids, that can do this day in and day out always with the same interest and care for the children.
Oh, I forgot I have to make some dinner. I'll write more later. Happy moment today - It's sunshine outside and the days are getting longer and longer. I will take a photo and put here so you can see for yourself.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...