Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Sunday with fever and cold

Well this week like most others just flew by. I don't know where all these seconds, minutes, hours goes. It's very calm now at work. It's like everyone is just waiting to see what the proposition on Tuesday says. Then we hopefully know what road we will go.
Thursday I started the Business University at Globen. I am to be licensed accountant economist. It's a course which comprise 6 months but we are only in the Business University for 10 days in total. Rest of the time we are studying at home and we have assignments to do. In order to get our diploma we have to do these assignments and also be passed.
Our teacher is a man, auditor, who is the spitting image of a very well known artist here in Sweden, Lars Berghagen. The first day we were all fascinated by this because his gestures, his mimic everything is the same.
We are 13 students in our class and we all come from different backgrounds, companies and places in Sweden. It's a very good atmosphere with lots of laughter although the subject isn't that laughable (is this really a word?) I stay over at Globe hotel otherwise I wouldn't be able to attend an education like this. And I really didn't either because I got sick, of course. So when I came home Friday night I had a cold coming up which started with fever. I was shivering and yesterday I started coughing and sneezing and that is worse today.
Maybe because I went to the Opera yesterday afternoon. Well, it was planned since December and by then I didn't know I was going to have a cold. It's my former workmate C and I that always goes to the Opera together. Neither her husband nor mine is interested in going so we do this every month. We have our regular seats, a box in Dress circle which is very nice and decorated in red velvet.
This on the left side is not C. It's my very good friend I and her daughter T where we had dinner last weekend. You couldn't ask for better friends. Their children has adopted us as their grandparents (which I think I've told you before)
Tomorrow is workday again. Yes I'm going despite fever and cold. I'm going to see A, my good friend in Norrtalje, for treatment tomorrow and I really need it. Also her father died a couple of weeks ago and they held funeral last Friday so we have a lot to talk about. Last time I was going to see her I had that awful thing you know called "vinterkräksjuka" and I really miss not talking or seeing her.
Oh, I can tell you that O is out of hospital. He came "home" on Friday. Well, not home, but to the same short time home where Mom is staying. They have two room beside each other. They will never return to their house to live in. They will just return to collect their belongings because they now need so much medical attention 24/7 that they can't cope at home. So right now we are waiting for them to have place in a long term home. O is in wheelchair now because he can't go on his gangrane foot and it has spread as well. They can't operate him because they say he wouldn't survive that so now he's on morphine for the pain.
I will write again on Tuesday and tell you what will happen with SRSA College of Rosersberg. Is it to go in the grave or will it live on? The question is tough and the answer I fear is even tougher.
My happy moment was yesterday when I saw "Melodifestivalen". I just love it! I cried to Sanna Nielsen and I smiled when Frida sang. I just got gosebumps when Charlotte sang. So yes I think it was the right song to send to Belgrad.
Words of wisdom: The best way to give your children good advice is finding out what they want and then advice them to do just that :-)

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Anyone??

I wonder if anyone can see and read my blogg? I haven't had any comments in so long that's why I ask. Erik didn't win a Grammy last night but he had a blast and he and his fiancé looked just great! Another Swede, Ludwig Göransson, won 3 prices though. Congrats to him.

Sad day

Tonight Olle, my adoptive father that has been like my father almost all my life, died just before 9PM. It was very quick. I talked to the nurse at 6PM and everything was calm then. Just a bit over 2 hours later she called and said he's gotten worse. I asked how and she said his skin changed colour and that he could have 10 minutes or 10 hours left. I was just trying to get to my sister on the phone and ask her if we should go down when the phone rang again just 15 minutes afterwards and it was the nurse telling me that it was over. He went very peacefully and in his sleep. At the end he was given a lot of morphine so he wouldn't be in pain, which he wasn't. I called my sister but we both felt that we already had said our goodbyes and therefore didn't go down to say a last goodbye. He is probably up there somewhere looking down and sensing our feelings. We haven't been able to reach our mother yet and we probably won't tonight so I will tell her when I go there ...

On popular demand

I have on popular demand decided to start writing again. I haven't had time to do this blog for a lot of reasons mostly lack of time. There is so much to do and so little time. Since I last wrote there have been a big change and it's my grandson. Yes, I'm a granny now to the most adorable boy, Eddie. He's now 19 months old and I love him to the moon and back. He's my joy and I'm so happy I can see him grow. I have really been there from the moment he was born (almost).  Always on the piano the first thing he do. His parents called me the morning of April 23 last year at 0415AM and said it was time. So I just rushed out of bed, drove to them and then drove them to the hospital. It was a long day before we they called and told us that Eddie was born in the evening. Only 1 1/2 day later I fetched them and drove the new little family home. Since they don't have a car I have driven them where they want to go. The first 6 months were quite difficult wi...